News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throttle bodies vacuum tubes DIY

Started by tigergotcha, July 23, 2023, 09:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigergotcha

A good replacement for the OEM tubes(with rubber boots always cracking) are silicon tubes 6mm ID, 3mm wall thickness. If you want to keep the corrugated ones you can use pieces of the same silicone tube to just replace boots (it's a tight fit, perfectly working).You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.   

Lee337

I've replaced the ones on my Daytona with similar silicone hoses, just not red ones  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

wyaTT37

Quote from: tigergotcha on July 23, 2023, 09:11:32 AMA good replacement for the OEM tubes(with rubber boots always cracking) are silicon tubes 6mm ID, 3mm wall thickness. If you want to keep the corrugated ones you can use pieces of the same silicone tube to just replace boots (it's a tight fit, perfectly working).You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.   
:><
Thanks to "those who we cannot mention",  Im keeping my Tigers outfitted for Mad Max world, coming to a hometown near you in short order.

Flyingwombat

Just done this myself after seeing a vacuum leak
1999 Triumph Tiger 885i - fun and free
2022 KTM Duke 125 - workday commuter