News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacement handle bars for 955

Started by FOX FIRE, March 05, 2024, 01:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOX FIRE

Dropped my bike while getting off ( :>< ) and bent the handle bars a bit, cant find any factory bars and was wondering if I can get some ideas for replacements, either from another year model tiger or after market.

Thanks in advance.

Lee337

I've seen the 955i sporting Renthal bars & I have a set hanging on the garage wall that look similar to the ones on my 955i. From memory they do 7/8th bars for off road bikes which is the same size as those on the Tiger but they're not sheap new, around £80 I think

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

I second Lee's suggestion for Renthal's. They make a great product. I put some of their bars on previous bikes I have owned and loved them. I would also suggest trying to see what the best fit would be for you, as you can now look for one with a bit more height or width for instance. And it won't be more expensive than going with what you had. (Plus, Renthal's are much more sturdy might you find the urge to put the Tiger to bed at some point again. ;) )
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

the slow heart

Are these Renthals same widtgh as the original? Thinking of a bit wider handlebar when riding off road sections.

Lee337

Just been out to the garage, the Renthals I have are 800mm. That compare with the 955i bars at approx 775mm and the 800xc bars at approx 815mm.

Renthals do come in different widths, from 740mm up to around 850mm according to their website.

Have you thought about some 800xc bars? There's a couple on eBay at the moment for under £50. (note the Tiger 800 bars are narrower than the 800XC).

Just an idea.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

the slow heart

Thanks, Lee, for the details. Will look around the cables slack to judge how is the reasonable bars extension. Not to get it wider and then cut to original size  :cp