News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

triumph demo rides (are run by idiots)

Started by wdkng_24, August 21, 2005, 01:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdkng_24

so i went to the baxter's cycle open house in marne, ia, this weekend, as i'm sure some of you did ... charlie, jerry, maybe big jason ... anyway, so i get in line to do demo rides ... and they turn me down ... evidentaly triumph's insurance is too high so they don't let people under 25 ride ... i'm 24 ... which begs the questions ... WHAT THE HELL!!!   :evil:  i rode there 2 years ago ... besides that, WHO decided that 25 is the magic number where someone blesses you and says "you are now an adult"  anyway, if anyone can tell me how a new speed triple or sprint rides let me know, cause i'll have to wait another year to find out ...  :(

ThreePutt

25 seems to be the magic age, for insurance.  Many years ago when I turned 25, my car insurance premium was cut in half.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Renman

Yup, 25 years old is special.  Here in the states most rental car companies require you to be 25, even if you have your own insurance.  I am not sure why, exactly, but when I woke up on my 25th birthday I felt very mature, did not speed or curse any more, and found a hair on my chest.  I knew then it was time to ride.

wdkng_24

damn, you mean i've only got a year left of being a heathen and oilfield trash?  i better get going so i can enjoy this while it lasts ...

morton_chad

Regarding your question of the new Speed triple and ST. The speed triple is outstanding. Power is similar to the tiger, just more of it. The thrust is more evident because of the lower weight compared to the tiger. Either way it rocks. One problem I have with my tiger is the ergos. Everything on the triple fits me to a T. If the speed triple could only be made to tour...

The sprint St was a disappointment. The way the pipe is ran up under the seat, major heat is expelled right at the calf (it was strange the speed triple didn't direct heat at my calf). The heat was quite uncomfortable. And yes, I do wear boots. Sorry to hear of your discrimation.