News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Apache's Model Year Poll

Started by davensocal, August 24, 2005, 05:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davensocal

All:

Please submit what year Tiger you are currently riding....  

Thanks! (on behalf of Apache  :wink: )

PS: there is a limit on the number of years I could list, sorry about that.

BykBoy

2001 Black tiger

30K miles

Major Mods:

19 T front Sproket (also tried 16, 17 and 18 T)

WRITH fork springs from TOURATECH

Triumph off-road muffler and EFI tune

Airbox modifications (larger holes, removed baffle)

K&N air filter

Thunderbike carsh bars, sump, oil and radiator guard

PIAA lights

Triumph centerstand

Cut down screen

Jessie bags and rear compartment

Warrenty issues:

Replaced Broken Clutch Cable

Replaced plastic fuel connectors
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

apache

Geez do I feel important, :lol:  Ill second that with my 97 with 17k in stock form(for now).

davensocal

I guess I should answer as well :)

2000 855i

Cut down stock windscreen and Triumph touring screen

Starcom1 w/radio, 2-way, intercom

Triumph race cans

Rear shock (forgot who made it :(

Stock luggage (enroute)

Sasquatch

2001 (bought new in 2003) 955i.

18k miles (in only 18 months!!)

Waaaaay too many mods to list.

lostsos

2005 bought in May

6500 miles
02 Daytona CE

05 Tiger

BykBoy

Quote from: "Sasquatch"...Waaaaay too many mods to list.

I don't know if it can be considered a Tiger any more...
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Foxy

1999 Tiger, owned for just over two years with just over 38,000 miles (most of them mine)

H&B crash bars (until I fit Thunderbike bars)

Alloy bars on way, with Acerbis handguards ready to fit

Triumph alarm, centre stand & front mudguard extension

Scottoiler

Modified crankcase breather

Touratech Zega panniers, Givi top box & Baglux tankbag & harness

Autocom

Thunderbike Stage One pipe

New fork springs about to be ordered - will probably go for Wirth or WP.

Oxford heated grips.

Issues: Duff battery a year or so ago, couple of blown bulbs. Fuel line connectors replaced under warranty.

New-Tiger

2005 Silver Tiger.

Triumph Off Road can.

Purchased last year brand new. My first Motorbike(33 yrs old)

Live in London and ridden to Cornwall, Wales(apologies to Tiger Ride out group for slowing them down, I was with my girlfriend..) Amsterdam twice and St tropez(1800 mile round trip) I've covered 13500 miles and absolutely love riding the Tiger. I can't compare it to other bikes apart from the one i did my test on,  but the bike seems to get smoother as time goes on. I'm yet to wheelie, or get a peg down but i think these will come with time. Even if they don't i don't really care. I simply love riding my bike.

Mudhen

1996, Diablo Black.  26,500 miles (bought 1/2005)

Yoshimura cans

Jack Lilley crashbars

Renthals, touratech crossbar, heated grips, ABR 2" risers, Acerbis rally pro handguards

Streepilot III GPS w/ touratech mount

Goodridge SS front brake lines

Centech fuse panel

Wolfman saddle bags, toolbag, tankbag

Jetting setup for open airbox, dual intake horns with 2Bros intake pre-filters

Acerbis Technik front fender w/ Acerbis aluminum fender brace
\'96 Steamer

BykBoy

Quote from: "Foxy"Modified crankcase breather

What is this?
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Foxy

Quote from: "BykBoy"
Quote from: "Foxy"Modified crankcase breather

What is this?

Owing to the previously discussed issues with 885i bikes that crops up when they are dropped on the left side while running I decided to modify the stock breather to prevent oil entering the air box and being drawn into the cylinders. All it is is a much longer breather hose connected to the crank. Instead of going straight up to vent into the air box it is coiled into one loop that runs across the width of the bike, from left to right and back to the left again where it connects with the airbox in the normal location, the hose being held in place with a few cable ties. Couple of quid and about 15 minutes to do, including removing the tank. Potential savings - thousands.

BykBoy

Quote from: "Foxy"Owing to the previously discussed issues with 885i bikes that crops up when they are dropped on the left side while running I decided to modify the stock breather to prevent oil entering the air box and being drawn into the cylinders. All it is is a much longer breather hose connected to the crank. Instead of going straight up to vent into the air box it is coiled into one loop that runs across the width of the bike, from left to right and back to the left again where it connects with the airbox in the normal location, the hose being held in place with a few cable ties. Couple of quid and about 15 minutes to do, including removing the tank. Potential savings - thousands.

Good idea... I wonder if it should also be done for the 955i cats...?
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Foxy

Quote from: "BykBoy"Good idea... I wonder if it should also be done for the 955i cats...?

No need, the pick up for the breather isn't located on the end of the crank as on the 885i - a design flaw that Triumph addressed themselves.

Jon KB

Year 2000
Mileage 10,000
Cost $3500
Stock with Tiger panniers
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com