News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Apache's Model Year Poll

Started by davensocal, August 24, 2005, 05:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian jones

2005 BRg here.
  :D
Trying to reason with hurricane season.........

aeronca

blue 1995
givi bags
heated grips
bmw style plug-in
high front fender
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Tom Herold

05 Silver beast for me!!!
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

TigerTrax

I think your survey will be flawed.

You co-mingle 2006 with 2007/2008 models.
The 2006 which is a 955i, same body style since 1999, is vastly different
than 2007/2008 models the new motor, new design.

I think you would get a better picture of what's out there if you broke it up by design:
1995-98: 885 Carb
1999: 885 CARB*
1999 - 2001: 885 FI*
2002 - 2006: 955i
2007-08: 1050i

* I think Triumph manufactured the 1999 with  carb in early production
   &   FI in later production.

I ride an '06. 28,000 miles.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

The last steamer which had carburetors was a 1998 model VIN #71698
the 1999 model years were all FI and started with VIN#71699 and was a totally redesigned motorcycle .:wink:

Mudhen

I think I've gotta agree with Tigertrax on this one...I've seen people post in the past with 99 carb'd bikes - even called them on it and got proven wrong.  Can't remember now if it was the newer body style and carbs, or was it the Steamer body style, just model year '99?????

Good to see an Apache thread still making the news...
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

Quote from: "Mudhen"I think I've gotta agree with Tigertrax on this one...I've seen people post in the past with 99 carb'd bikes - even called them on it and got proven wrong.  Can't remember now if it was the newer body style and carbs, or was it the Steamer body style, just model year '99?????

Good to see an Apache thread still making the news...

If there is such a thing as a 99 model year with carb's it will be the old body style and a 98 model
This is the only thing that is listed on the genuine Triumph Microfiche p/n T3852600 that I am holding in my hot little hand , the confusion probably comes from the date of manufacture that is used for the MSO's
carb'd tigers ended with the last unit being a 1998 spec vin#71698

KuzzinKenny

Lucifer Orange 04 ( cast wheel ) Tigger !!

Ma`s bars, MRA vario screen, bar risers, NWS hugger, BlueFlame exhaust, RAM gps mount, mirror extenders and ZZZzzzzzz

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

outrunner

2006 Silver with some bits and bobs added.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

KuzzinKenny

Help out a thicko here as i`m missin sumat !! Total Votes : 38 but there`s only 23 replies ???  :?

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

John Stenhouse

You can vote without posting Kenny
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

yagi

05 .. silver, just over 6,000 miles on clock, a few farkles etc....blueflame can, sw-motech spots, skidmarx hugger, hepco/becker bars, mra touring screen handle bar brace to fit a gps etc. and just had ultra seal fitted in both tyres....saving up for a decent gps....

Cheers Graham

outrunner

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"You can vote without posting Kenny

Err, it did not work for me either!  :(

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

PeteH

But riding a 99er in Lightening Yellow, bits inc:- TOR, Triumph Heated`uns, NWS Hugger and an Outrunner bar/mirror adaptor :wink:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

pletdj

riding a 2005 lucifer orange tiger here,
Love it :D
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika