News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Head Gasket

Started by kev187, August 26, 2005, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev187

I made a topic post earlier about my new triumph overheating at idle.  I had 1000 miles on it & it ran cool, sit still for 3-5 minutes & the bike would pin to the red in the temp gauge~

Well, a week after being in the shop, the tech told me my Tiger needed a new head gasket?  He said the factory one must be on wrong, so he is tearing the head off & replacing the gasket.  He is also replacing the radiator & Thermostat (even though the orriginal ones were tested fine)  he just did not seem 100% on the issue?  

Has anyone heard of an improperly placed head gasket being the cause of a triumph overheating?

I am hoping this settles the issue?  It was not fun to see my brand new weeks old bike tore apart at the dealer?  I have heard a couple horror stories of Trumphs sitting for months on end waiting for a fix.

Wish me luck!

Kevin

fastslug

don't know anything about the gasket not being placed properly, but the mechanic i take my bike to says he gets loads of tigers in for head gaskets, so it is possible