News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Road test of 05 Tiger in Roadbike

Started by NortonCharlie, September 26, 2005, 04:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

Just got a copy October 2005 of Roadbike.  They were very positive about the bike including comments like

"The bike performed perfectly in all these tasks, and has confirmed what I've felt all along:  It might just be the best all-around motorcycle on the road"

We have known this but it is nice to see it in print.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

All the magazines in the UK rave on about the GS1200. They coveniently seem to forget that it cost 50% more than a Tiger. It's nice to see they are a bit more with it in the "states".

Foxy

Don't forget in the UK we also have the GS riders who have never ridden anything else from the same class and still insist on telling everyone that the GS is the perfect bike. My idea of hell is getting stuck with a GS owner's self congratulatory clique.

Sofalofa2005

Unfortunately in the UK BMW GS' have rocketed up in price 2nd hand, due to that bloody documentary Long Way Round with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman

I'm sure they're great bikes, but the best one my local dealer had (in my price range) was an 1150GS, 2001 with 32,000 miles on it with no luggage etc. £6000

Whilst I know the engines basically go on for ever, head bearings, brakes, suspenssion etc wears out just like any other bike so the prices do seem a bit ridiculous...