News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OPEN INVITATION

Started by TigerTrax, October 03, 2005, 03:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

The Tiger Ride-In is preparing for itÌs 4th Annual event for FAT KATZ. Our Ride-In has attracted riders who have ridden to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska; The Maritimes; Ushuaia; Mexico, and Central America; Europe; and all the beauty of America. Needless to say there is a lot of stories.

Each year I am amazed at how many riders make the trek without a clue as to what they will be a part of. Well÷ we make them feel welcome and instantly they know they made the right choice.

Our riders come from long distances of 1000 Ò 2000 miles ONE WAY ! Why has Mike come out of NY for 2 years? How about Curtis from Calgary ÷ 2 years! A whole bunch from Florida, Iowa, Texas. Included are PA, AL, GA, WI, IL, NC, NM, NE, MO, AR, NH, VA Quite a group. They show up two-up and singles; Riders and trailers; All to have a grand time ÷ and we donÌt let Ìem down.

In 2005 we got local kids involved and our group donated over $750 to the local schools for a specialized reading improvement project. We told the weÌd be doing something for a town that has treated us so well in the past. Well, we overwhelmed them ÷. Needless to say, Jasper, Arkansas loves their Tigers.

I like to survey why people come; Did they have a good time; What could I do to make it better; What didnÌt they like. I also ask about other possible locations and why. I am always amazed at the huge numbers of folks say Ï We had a great time and weÌre coming back!Ó Curtis from Calgary says, Ï Anywhere you are, IÌll be there!Ó Richard & Lisa in Texas were totally amazed at how well organized and great time we have. Gina & Ross ÷ first time rally goers ÷ said it was awesome ÷ and weÌll be back. Jim out of PA didnÌt know what to expect, but on the last day he said, ÓCount me in for next year!Ó Tony from MI said, Ï IÌll be back ÷ and IÌm bringing Tigers with me.Ó Lynn & Nancy from Texas, " We had a good time."

So, I know we have a terrific event. I know we have some fine folks who attend. And I know the town of Jasper, AR works hard to make things right for us.

A few years ago I spoke with RAT about our event and it was mutually agreed that it would be a great event for RAT, but allowing it to become a RAT event would totally restructure the event and we would have no say in how or what the event would become. Our attendees (many are RAT members) wanted to remain separate from any other organization, and that holds even more true today.

It actually takes about 8 Ò 10 months of preparation to pull everything together. We get input from attendees, go over the previous event with the Jasper Chamber of Commerce. Contact dealers and manufacturers and get a bunch of people involved. If you can help... we can use it!

For 2006 we are shooting for 100+ Tigers at our event. ItÌs going to be tough. Last year we had about 50 Tigers and I plan to more than double that number. To do it, I need you to join us. If itÌs a long trek, gear up for it. If itÌs a hard days ride ÷.. itÌs a cake walk. But regardless of where you come from ÷ you will not be disappointed.

Now IÌd like you to tell me what youÌd like to see at our Ride-In. What would really attract you to join our event?

Let me know in an e-mail sent to me:

TigerRide-In@cox.net

In the meantime ÷ peek at our Ride-In message board:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/us_ ... s/messages

Get to know our people, see some photos, and introduce yourself ÷. Tell them Jerry sent you.

I hope to hear from you and get your comments.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'