News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thinking about buying a '95 Tiger

Started by aht_six, November 16, 2005, 02:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aht_six

Howdy! I'm considering buying a 1995 Tiger from a bike mechanic friend of mine. I've been looking at dual sport bikes and his wife thinks he has too many motorcycles. Currently I only have one bike, it's a '05 GL1800, I bought it last December and have 16k miles on it.

The '95 Tiger I'm looking at is black and has 25k miles on it. The bike appears to be in perfect condition and has Triumph (Givi?) bags a tank bag and a Corbin seat. I've ridden it in the past and think it might be right for me.

Are there any issues with the '95 Tiger I should be aware of? Any thing special I should be looking for?
1996 Black Tiger

2005 Goldwing

Jeff

apache

If your friend is knowledgable about early Triumphs then pick his brain. There are some issues.. altenator drive,starter sprag, check for head gasket leaks/overheating(any year) . For the right price go for it. no insult, but park that couch your riding and go have some fun.

aht_six

I bought the Tiger. :D  It will be a while before I bring it home, the previous owner has agreed to keep it stored in his heated pole barn until spring.

That couch is a lot more fun to ride than you would think from looking at it, you should try one. My wife just loves riding on it.
1996 Black Tiger

2005 Goldwing

Jeff

apache

No offence meant, just cant imagine doin weelies on one or fire roadin. After sittin on my 97 for 12 hours one day last week a comfy saddle and windscreen for the rain would have been nice.  

Congrats

aht_six

No offense taken, gravel roads are one of reasons I bought the Tiger. The Goldwing is fine on good firm and dry gravel roads but it doesnÃŒt take much sand or mud to make it hard to handle.
1996 Black Tiger

2005 Goldwing

Jeff

apache

" It dosent take much to make it hard to handle"  :oops: If your a retard like me after 10 hours in the saddle the Tiger wont help. :wink: