News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MCN going on again about a new Tiger........

Started by greg, January 04, 2006, 07:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I don't see much point in all the speculation. I'm tempted by the KTM990 Adventure but I'll wait to see what happens in the 2007 range.

For me, a modern replacement for the R80GS would be ideal. Maybe a Tiger675 with 100bhp, 175Kgs.

Patrick

Quote from: "Blacktiger"For me, a modern replacement for the R80GS would be ideal. Maybe a Tiger675 with 100bhp, 175Kgs.

80 bhps at 175 kg would be fine by me.

Have fun!

Patrick

Chris Canning

I've no problem with speculation,it's interesting and free!!!,as far as Tigers go i'm still in the the process of building the one that i want,as for my next bike,it'll be an St Sprint as well as,but that doesn't stop me showing a interest in whats to come with new Tiger.

Chris Canning

Latest MCN

Well there's your Tiger!!!!! love it our hate.

Chris Canning

Latest MCN

Well there's your Tiger!!!!! love it our hate it.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Latest MCN

Well there's your Tiger!!!!! love it our hate it.

Damn you Canning!!!  :x

I'm guessing the new issue of MCN has a real picture in it?????  I can't find anything online....argh....

Oh, other than this pic of the new 'sports tourer'.  Guess that says it all!

\'96 Steamer

greg

Looks more like a Multistrada than a Tiger. Still, I suppose you could call it a Multistrada that doesn't breakdown.
2004 Girly.

Mudhen

I heard they actually built it off the SV platform...a joint venture between Triumph and Suzuki... :smt042
\'96 Steamer

kiwitiger

Hmmm, do I see upside down forks ??

Sofalofa2005

Hi guys,

For those that don't get MCN, here's a slightly better view. Swingarm looks tasty!

Russ

P.S. The article says the bike is registered as a 1050cc (they checked reg. no. with DVLA)

Sofalofa2005

it won't attach a 240kb jpeg... oh well

ChrisN

Whilst all this speculation is interesting, it does get tiresome. I think we still have no pictures of a finished bike or more importantly a release date and I'm sick of waiting.

Yesterday I picked up a copy of MCN on my way to the Triumph dealership to order a new 06 plate Tiger. The current bike already does everything I want and I'm happy to put money where my mouth is to buy a third, and maybe last,  "classic" Tiger.

Roll on 1st of March....
Chris

Quote from: "kiwitiger"Hmmm, do I see upside down forks ??

Yes, USD forks, radial brakes, braced swingarm etc..that's the good stuff.

The bad stuff was :- non adjustable screen, no rack, effin' great top box fitted to rear seat.

It's not the finished article because the cylinder block was silver whilst the rest of the engine was black.

Mind you it could have been a cobbled together pile of shite made by a courrier out of spares from a breakers yard. :roll:

norwegian-tiger

Looks like my next bike will be a GS, if Triumph is going where it looks like they do.

Here`s a pic-link, I`v given up posting pictures on this site.

http://www.triumphtiger.net/Grafikk/F___Triumph.jpg

SAVE THE TIGER!!!
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

Mudhen

Quote from: "norwegian-tiger"Looks like my next bike will be a GS, if Triumph is going where it looks like they do.

Here`s a pic-link, I`v given up posting pictures on this site.

http://www.triumphtiger.net/Grafikk/F___Triumph.jpg

SAVE THE TIGER!!!

Amen, brother...amen.

Here's a pic of the '08 version...you may notice that they've gone to an even smaller tank and smaller wheels - which will make it even better, according to Triumph's logic.

\'96 Steamer