News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MCN going on again about a new Tiger........

Started by greg, January 04, 2006, 07:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carvetiger

To be continued ... Pix from the Katalog-Shooting of the New Tiger 07! A great bike!!!

http://www.elclubtriumph.com

wolf :lol:

wasions

I'm glad I got my '06.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

tiger feet

I can see both side of this particular coin, but for my money Triumph are going the right way with the '07 Tiger.

They should have done it with the MK2 (EFi), and they would have been streets ahead of the game.

I was looking at the KTM 950 SM earlier this week and have to admit to being tempted, but I'm going to wait and see what the new Tiger is like in the real world.

It's going to take quite some bike to make me part with my '97 Steamer!

Before the Tiger I had a 1994 Yamaha TDM850 which was very good but for the gear box which was very very bad!

I quite like something that little bit different, sports bikes just don't do it for me, tourers are a bit bland though very compitent.

Triumph are quite good at creating 'niche bikes' and the new Tiger could well just be another one?

Roll on the new Tiger, I hope they sell by the boat load!

Regards,

Tiger Feet.
Four wheels good, two wheels better, three wheels accident!

Jim S

I'm new to the Triumph marque, after 15 yrs with Honda, Africa twins followed by a Varadero I decided as Honda would not replace the Africa I decided to try a change. The Varadero wasn't it.

The Tiger's an interesting bike, after two months I'm just getting used to it. I do a few miles offroad every week and a couple of days ago I recall going down a forest track thinking I wouldn't attempt it with a sports bike. The Tiger meets my needs, an 04. If the new one also meets my needs then yes, I'd be interested, if not, I'll move on. Not down the BMW road though, not my cup of tea! I don't fancy the KTM either, too focussed.

Not Aprillia, not Suzuki, definately not Kawasaki, well, we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

mak247

Well I for one will be keeping my 04 till its dead and rusted out. I'm not pleased with the directiion Triumph is taking the Tiger. I bought a tiger because it suits my riding here in Alaska and the 07 just doesn't cut it.

No thanks I will wait untill Triumph realalizes there misstake and brings the Tiger back

:(

zombie

I like it and I'd buy one

Mudhen

A quick count of this thread shows 11 'no's, and 4 'yes'.

So if the Tiger never sold well in the past to all of us, I guess they may be headed in a better direction for themselves.

Sucks that a cool name like 'Tiger' will now be on some pansy anti-adventure streetbike... :jerkit
\'96 Steamer

Chris Canning

Thats some statement comeing from someone who hasn't exactly helped the Triumph coffers!!!!,current model Sir (05/06)?? one before that(01/04)?? or the one before that(885i)???.

Triumph will sell thousands of e'm,because that's were the market  is,thats why nearly  every off road!!!! GS you see has 020's on it!!!! at the launch of the GS 1200 the guys i spoke to were on their 5th or 6th one,regardless of what you or i think of e'm thats make the manafactures tick over.

Both bike manafactures and tyre producers are years ahead of the game.

tiger feet

Well if the Tiger has never really sold well I guess they must think it's worth trying to do something a bit different with it?

They did it with the speed triple and that worked?

Tigers have always sold well on main land Europe, where big trail/adventure bikes have been popular for years.

They value the versitility and load lugging distance eating capabilities over outright performance?

The dominance of the 'sports bike' in bike culture in the UK and US hasn't grabbed Europe in quite the same way.

But things change and bike sectors are no exception, they seem to be getting more defused with more models chasing the buyers?

I'm still going to wait to see it for real before making my mind up though, then try to find the money, if I want one?

Regards,

Tiger Feet.
Four wheels good, two wheels better, three wheels accident!

mak247

Tigers never sold well? I seem to recall Triumph releasing the 06 early because the 05's were gone. I have to agree they are going where the market share is  but that doesn't mean it works for some us real motorcyclists. I am not knocking anyone just getting into Motorcyling in fact I welcome them but the tiger was always an experienced rider bike and if they didn't sell enough of them it was because some riders are just not tall enough for a Tiger.

JRO

I don't like the looks of the '07.  It might be okay for one of my kids, but the design changes have elimated the features I purchased an '06 for.  Passenger capacity looks nil.  Load capacity the same.  It doesn't look as comfortable for long trips.  It's rough-road capability seems less than the current model.  I don't think the current Tiger is a real dirt bike, but hey - there are a lot of dirt roads, where I live.  Less ground clearance, and it's not as tall.  I like sitting high enough to look over at that double-cab Chevy doolie next to me, to find I'm just as high or higher than the idiot sitting inside.

Yeah, I'm glad I bought an '06.  If I wanted a Speed Triple, I would have gotten one.  That's what this thing looks like, to me.  An S3 with a little fairing.  My #2 son might be interested in it, but I'm not.  It's sad, because the Tiger used to be one of the few unique bikes available in the U.S..  Maybe they haven't sold like hotcakes over here, but I doubt this new version is going to do anything to improve that.

Oh, well...
JRO

2006 Tiger

carvetiger

... and it looks like, that ther will be a 17" version, a 19" version and a 675cc too. So dont damn it - wait and see!! There will be something in for everyone! Mark my words!

Mudhen

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Thats some statement comeing from someone who hasn't exactly helped the Triumph coffers!!!!,current model Sir (05/06)?? one before that(01/04)?? or the one before that(885i)???.

I would have bought one, but I read the owners manual and they said you can't use it off road.  So f'em.

If there had been a Tiger sitting in my local dealers showroom with skidplates and knobbies back when I was getting my GS, there's no question in my mind that I would have bought one.  But the GS just looked like such an awesome go-anywhere adventure bike, that's where my money went.

Knowing what I know now...with todays current offerings...I'd probably have a Sprint for my commute, and some sort of 610/640/650 for all my other riding.  Nobody makes a bike that can do both.  Hopefully you have some real insider information, carvetiger, and aren't just yanking our chains.  I could use a 675 Tiger to pull double-duty and save me from my Steamer!
\'96 Steamer

Jim S

Hi mudhen, I know what you're saying here, there was a bike that did eveything you say, Honda's Africa twin. Designed for the Paris-Dakar, it was the ultimate onroad/offroad bike. I've owned five of them over the last decade. The bike was great offroad, would cruise at over 100mph, loaded with luggage it would tour continents (I did, all over Europe) good gas mileage and easy to service.

Unfortunately 04 was the last of them. Honda now offer the 650 Trans alp and the 1000 Varadero, neither bike are designed for offroad use. Hence I now have a Tiger. If the Tiger goes less offroad oriented I'll have to move on I suppose. If I wanted a bike for heavy offroad use I would have bought a Honda XR but no real touring ability. I find the Tiger meets my needs, on and off road (forest tracks). We'll just have to wait and see.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

TigerTrax

I'd love to see all of you come on down to Hiawassee, GA to the Tiger Ride-In .... and tell us all your riding experiences.

For me ... a nice twisty road is just fine. I live where 'super-slab' rules and it's a good 5-8 hours to a road with a turn. So we make do.

Come see us!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'