News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Black Tiger

Started by Chris Canning, January 14, 2006, 06:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Foxy

You need to log in to view, any chance of a copy & paste?

Chris Canning

Thats what i did,wasn't till i went back to it this morning and saw that even i'd got sign in,but it's no big deal joining.

The important thing is,i've run that mod for over 12 months now,with temps from 10c to 40c,have ridden the bike on the stop!!!from Milan to Genoa and everying has worked fine,the most noticable thing is it pulls a 19 tooth sprocket just like an 18.

Chris

zombie

Hey Chris

I have a 2001 tiger with the race can on it and is the mod worth doing in terms of increased performance

cheers Mick

Chris Canning

Hi Mick

To be honest it was one of those things that i spent some time umming and rrrring about,in the end bought a secondhand air box in case it all went tits up,getting the blanking plate out was a pain,and makeing sure there wasn't any bits of plastic from were i drilled it out,don't try and separate the two halfs the screws will still in the inserts!!!

Seondly didn't want to it ride around for two weeks and say it was  a success,because thats just asking for trouble,but its had a real testing,the two things were the fact that it pulled the 19 tooth just like an 18,when i first went to a 19,found it didn't like lower down the rev range(understandably) but not only pulled it a lot easier,but once you creep towards 6000 it comes with a bit of a rush,and will pull all the way to the redline!!!.

Chris