News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by BigDave, October 04, 2003, 08:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

Welcome everyone!

I really hope you will enjoy this website.

More on me and why I am crazy about the Triumph Tiger later!

Please say hi & tell us a little about yourself!

NortonCharlie

Just saying Hi and trying out my settings
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Cache

Greetings!  Hey, If you get a guy named Erik, ban him!!  ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
\"Ah but fortunately... I have the key, to escape reality\" - John Prine

Steps

Rick M. from Hollidaysburg, PA
\'01 Tiger - Black

\'01 Bonneville

\'76 Sportster

\"Life does not stop and start for your convenience, you miserable piece of shit\"

Doug95

Great job Big Dave.  I'm Doug Littlejohn, from Milford, Nebraska.  I ride a blue 95......the very fastest of all steamers... :wink:
If you\'ve never stared off into the distance, then your life is a shame.....

- Counting Crows

Pawk

Hello All!

I am new to riding and have had a Tiger for about 3 months and have logged nearly 4000 miles and have loved every single one.

I am located in Central Denver is anyone would like to go on the prowel in the hills sometime...

Adam

Dave,

Thanks a million for making this Site.

The yahoo format is #$#$#'ed, why anyone uses it I will never know...

BigDave

Quote from: "Pawk"Hello All!

I am new to riding and have had a Tiger for about 3 months and have logged nearly 4000 miles and have loved every single one.

I am located in Central Denver is anyone would like to go on the prowel in the hills sometime...

Adam

Dave,

Thanks a million for making this Site.

The yahoo format is #$#$#'ed, why anyone uses it I will never know...

Well, you know I am game for a ride :!:

The Yahoo list has a wealth of info, its just not very user friendly IMO, hence Triumph-Tiger.com

skoron

To all:

From Lititz,PA

If you're ever travelling by Ephrata, PA on the first Sunday of the month, you have to stop by the Legion and join the thousand or so other bikes for breakfast, coffee and good conversation!

Skoron

'97 Tiger

'84 Nighthawk S
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

zombie

greetings from lovely cape cod

and my soon to be highly modified 01 tigger

mick

01 955i tiger

Bull

what are you going to do with your scoot?
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

sycamoredave

Hi:

I'm Dave, and I have had my Tiger about a month.  I bought it out of state and rode it home 1700+ miles (see "why a tiger posting").  I have had my license about 25 years, but didn't ride much for a while while the kids were small.  In the past three summers, I have put on about 20,000 miles on four different bikes, and made it though an accident (the other guy's fault) that totaled the bike, and ejected me at about 45-50 mph.  Other than the accident part, it has been a great three years, and I look forward to putting a bunch more miles on.     8)
Dave Ewart

Mount Vernon, OH

\'96 Tiger

\'94 Honda PC800

\'81 Suzi GS750EX

omnibob

Hi All,

Im in Tampa Bay Area with a 01 9551 Black. Hoping to meet any other riders in the area to ride. Just mover from north GA ... The biggest mistake I have ever made in my life :x  and as soon as I can moving back to North GA. :lol:
Robert McTigue

OldRoadToad

Hello the house!

The Toad is currently involved in a quest to find a new bike to replace my recently sold '81 Silverwing.  I saw BigDave's link to  this forum whilst  logged in at AdvRider, and decided to check it out.  I also know RobZ and RedMenace from AdvRider and they have been helpful in the past with questions on the Tiger.

As far as what bike I will get, the Tiger is still in the lead, even though my wife says that the DR would have to go should I purchase a big trailie.  I am fortunate to have a decent Triumph dealer near where I live (Rocket Motorcycles in San Diego), the other dealer ship that was only five miles away quit selling Triumphs and  now only carries Big Dog and was an Indian dealer too.  

To those that know me, it may seem that I am taking my time in my search for a new ride, but I have to keep it for at least as long as it takes to pay it off, so I have to be sure that it is some thing I will want to ride for several years.    I suppose that I shall keep my posting to a minimum, as I really have nothing to offer those that own a Tiger, or are considering one, other than I know for a fact that it is a FUN bike, having ridden one several months back at a Demo Day.

Thanks for taking the time to read this little missive, and best wishes for the forums BigDave.

The Lord be with you all.

El Toado Verde  :)
My Life Insurance Policy?  John 3:16, of course!

Doug95

Hi Toad,

The Tiger, as I'm sure you've heard/read plenty of times, is the most versatile bike you can buy for the money, IMO.  What's holding you back?  The new Tigers are great - awesome power, great comfort.  But if you could find an older (94-98) Tiger....., well, you would have the keys to a bike which occupies the rarified air of the very top echelon of motorcycling.  Style, substance, plenty of power, comfort, and no Tiger stripes on the tank. :wink:   It doesn't get any better.  (And it doesn't get much cheaper, either).  There are several low-mileage examples still around for less than 5 grand.  There might be one or two of the unenlightened on this list who disagree, but you have to ask yourself if the new bike smell and 20-some-odd horses is worth another 5 or 6 thou.....but I think we both know the answer 8)

Doug

- Counting Crows

Doug95

The years are ninety-four to ninety-eight.......not sure how the sunglasses dude got there.

- Counting Crows