News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

07 Tiger, how WE want it!

Started by norwegian-tiger, February 24, 2006, 06:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norwegian-tiger

Time to tell Triumph?

This is more like what I want!

1050cc, 19/17", ˜hlins front and back, keep it allroad / touring!

Here`s a Photoshoped picture i have "stolen" from Matteo @ http://www.triumphtiger.it/

I`v put on a mudguard from desertstorm-bike.de and made front wheel 19"

Not bad?

/Geir

http://www.triumphtiger.net/
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

Bob Burnett

Nice job

Just add radial front calipers maybe usd forks
2006 Black Tiger

Bling Bling If it\'s Stainless Steel Polish it, If it,s not then replace it

Chris Canning

Looks good to me,i was originally told the pipe was like that,we'll see.

Tiger979

I prefer my origina project... :D

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

If there's one thing that the new Tiger must have it's an adjustable screen. The current design is rubbish. The wind roar spoils the whole bike.

Speed3guy

[-X Actually, I would like the new Tiger to be much more like BMW's HP2.  It's too street oriented already!

Guy

Sasquatch

Leave the street version alone, then come up with a special additon, like a "World Cross" edition for us not afraid of dirt, with the following:

Better skid (bash) plate

More suspension travel

Adjustable forks

Tubeless spoke wheels

Aluminum handlebars

Acerbis like hand guards

50 pounds lighter

Continentals from the factory

Higher front fender

Aux lights.

wonko the sane

I agree with Sasquatch, as long as the street bike has fairly long-travel suspension for that luxurious ride.  

I might have to get one of each!
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

norwegian-tiger

HEY TRIUMPH!

Are You writing this down?!
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

mikeG15

Judging by the spy shots of the new Tiger that appeared in MCN , Triumph have kind of lost the plot with the Tiger. I bought mine because it was a great go-anywhere do-anything bike, now they want to turn it into another urban poseur!

A new Tiger needs -

clearer instruments - sorry all you LCD enthusiasts but round black analogue is the best.

to lose weight - otherwise we'll be buying KTMs next.

suspension that loves rough stuff but won't bottom out under heavy braking on tarmac. That happened to me during a charity bike ride and the resulting slide off was very embarrasing when a hundred other riders are looking at the prat with the Tiger on his ear!!

Please no high front guard - maybe great in mud but it's just so ugly.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Speed3guy"[-X Actually, I would like the new Tiger to be much more like BMW's HP2.  It's too street oriented already!

Guy

Sign.

Me.

Up.

I'd like to see it max out around 350lbs.  21" front wheel.  And all the stuff Sasquatch mentioned.
\'96 Steamer

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "mikeG15"Judging by the spy shots of the new Tiger that appeared in MCN , Triumph have kind of lost the plot with the Tiger. I bought mine because it was a great go-anywhere do-anything bike, now they want to turn it into another urban poseur!

A new Tiger needs -

clearer instruments - sorry all you LCD enthusiasts but round black analogue is the best.

to lose weight - otherwise we'll be buying KTMs next.

suspension that loves rough stuff but won't bottom out under heavy braking on tarmac. That happened to me during a charity bike ride and the resulting slide off was very embarrasing when a hundred other riders are looking at the prat with the Tiger on his ear!!

Please no high front guard - maybe great in mud but it's just so ugly.

I Agree!

MikeBenzon

I think the great opportunity here with the Tiger platform, would be to have a option list of various items like swing arms on single or double sided, different forks to choose from like Tiger forks, Sprint forks, all to allow us to customize the bike to our liking. Maybe a guy would have all the optional equipment and set the bike up differently from weekend to weekend, depending on what his mood is.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

robbo

Hi Peeps,

HavenÌt been here for a while because I joined the dark side and got

myself a GS but by F'@@ if the new tiger looks anything like the pix

above I will be coming back asap.

Allan