News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

At last, took Stanley out for his shakedown ride today. -6 this morning with fresh snow off the road... but what the hey! So the tube to tubeless conversion seems to be working, the Scottoiler is oiling, and according to the newly fitted charging system monitor LED the charging system is up to snuff. Initial impressions: even though the po put stiffer springs in the front he still boings about on hard braking. The brakes are not stellar, but after all they do have a lot of mass to haul to a halt. I like riding with the front of my feet on the pegs so will have to get used to the fact the pillion peg support bracket is quite close. The gearbox is the smoothest I've used in many a year. Power is definitely more 'exciting' than my Thruxton was. The po re-jetted and made the exhausts louder; I like the rorty sound but am not from the "loud pipes save lives" school of thought.

Anyhoo, here he is
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on March 23, 2014, 10:57:05 PMNice

Thanks. I think that this is going to be a long and fruitful relationship.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

threepot

Tiger country. A ride out after balancing carbs.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Well I've managed to get both through an MOT, the 95 with an advisory on the rear tyre only and the the 96 with no advisories but a slightly sticky front caliper (just needs a registration number now - please DVLA  :notworthy).

I'd forgotten just how good these machines are with a decent set of carbs, gave me a couple of  :bug_eye moments when I was less than gentle with the throttle.

But for the moment it's back to sleep for a couple of months while I try to survive darkest West Africa  :icon_scratch:

Nick Calne

Pair of tigers, lots of caspian blue, 4x4s... very similar scene on my drive!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on May 24, 2014, 10:11:34 PM
Pair of tigers, lots of caspian blue, 4x4s... very similar scene on my drive!

Hope your 4x4's are more mobile than mine, getting neglected in favour of the Steamer  :icon_redface:

Nick Calne

Since I got the 4x4 I have practically had to be dragged out of it. I love it. £1000 shogun has completely displaced my very expensive BMW...the beemer is more or less ornamental now. Only problem is that it takes up so much of the drive it hard to get the bike out... :bug_eye

Sin_Tiger

Now that is what you call a Klaxon  :icon_eek: I think you can figure out his priorities, don't stop for anything  :icon_lol:

I can see Rybes getting the hots for this  :icon_wink:

threepot

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 07, 2014, 07:44:45 PM
Well I've managed to get both through an MOT, the 95 with an advisory on the rear tyre only and the the 96 with no advisories but a slightly sticky front caliper (just needs a registration number now - please DVLA  :notworthy).

I'd forgotten just how good these machines are with a decent set of carbs, gave me a couple of  :bug_eye moments when I was less than gentle with the throttle.

But for the moment it's back to sleep for a couple of months while I try to survive darkest West Africa  :icon_scratch:
Very British ST .+.2 Range Rovers!

:icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger