News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

That colour looks 'Germanic'? Didn't they paint their tiger tanks and bikes  in ww2 a similar colour? Kind of suits it :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mytee_hercules

Need to find the right color Rustoleum satin color to match . . . then it's just a shake and spray to fix any big "dings" !
_____________________________________________________________________________________
  2008 Honda GL1800P "GoldWing" . . . 1999 BMW F650 "Funduro" . . . 1996 Triumph Tiger 900 "Steamer"
                                     MSF RiderCoach for www.arkansasmotorcyclesafety.com

Sin_Tiger

On the plus side, if you happen to bump into a panzer tank, it won't leave a mark  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: mytee_hercules on March 20, 2015, 04:22:26 AM
Need to find the right color Rustoleum satin color to match . . . then it's just a shake and spray to fix any big "dings" !
it's the krylon fusion paint for plastic i believe . that shade or color is the only one in the fusion lineup that is that color so it wont be hard to match .
I've seen another steamer painted that color , hell it may be that one .

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 20, 2015, 10:23:39 AM
On the plus side, if you happen to bump into a panzer tank, it won't leave a mark  :augie

You are so sharp you'll cut youself!  :ImaPoser
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

mytee_hercules

Quote from: Mustang on March 20, 2015, 02:04:23 PM
it's the krylon fusion paint for plastic i believe . that shade or color is the only one in the fusion lineup that is that color so it wont be hard to match .
I've seen another steamer painted that color , hell it may be that one .

Thanks for the paint direction -- I'll look into it . . . The good thing is that if it's too much of a difference, I can always "rattle can" all the pieces to match. It's not that big of a job . . . :thumbsup

I don't think this bike has been pictured here before. It has been recently acquired from another owner that had it "dormant" under a tarp for 6 years in Arkansas and Florida. I'm happy to see the color choice is one that "stands out" from the others . . .
_____________________________________________________________________________________
  2008 Honda GL1800P "GoldWing" . . . 1999 BMW F650 "Funduro" . . . 1996 Triumph Tiger 900 "Steamer"
                                     MSF RiderCoach for www.arkansasmotorcyclesafety.com

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

:eusa_clap Thanks TP, the trouble you have to go through for us eh?... riding around all these fantastic places on a steamer  :icon_smile:
I hope the rest of them appreciate it  :thumbsup
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

threepot

It's a hard life JD :icon_razz: It wasn't a really great day to be out..very windy,heavy shower or two,but,riding that bike..just glad I made the effort! :nod
95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: threepot on March 29, 2015, 10:35:12 PM
It's a hard life JD :icon_razz:

Perhaps you should change your tag like BB's "I ride the wet roads so you don't have to"  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 30, 2015, 06:57:02 PM
Perhaps you should change your tag like BB's "I ride the wet roads so you don't have to"  :ImaPoser

I should remember that...

After three straight hours of hard rain on Wednesday halfway into Germany...

The way back was even worse yesterday. Side wind burst between 80 and 120km/h, pouring rain and the whole thing got so bad that I had to bring the speed down to 60km/h at some point. :(

Came back to hear there was a weather warning. And rightly so. It was downright scary at times...
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on March 31, 2015, 06:22:27 PM
Looks a right 'brute' of a thing in red :thumbsup

Everyone knows (Pimento) red is the 'only' colour to have  :icon_wink: But it looks good with red engine bits, too.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ghulst

I know. I immediately fell for it. I love red (have had multiple red Alfa Romeo's...) and the red engine bits really did it for me. It is an awesome bike. Down the German autobahn at 165 with all the cases on and loaded and not a wobble in sight.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011