News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Steamer looks nice with a 'fat' tyre(borrowed from my Super3)
I swapped wheels because since I fitted a 150 section Tourance Exp,I noticed the back end 'twitching' a lot on poor surfaces. Rear end is more stable since the change..maybe the bigger size Tourance is too big for the rim? I have a spare set of Daytona forks,so I plan on converting the front.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I have read a few comments about T Exp not being the greatest but it may have more to do with the shape that the bigger carcass takes when shoehorned on a narrower rim.

Does look nice though  :pimp
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TigerWil

OK guy's here some pics from my Steamers. :icon_rolleyes:

I live in the Netherlands and been a Tiger addept for many years...

I've got a Steamer in Southern Spain (the Sandstorm coloured one) and the black JPS T400 I just finished building like this.

The others on the pics are friends who I've infected with the "Steamer virus" and so they bought Steamers ....and put them in Spain too for the good weather and faboulous riding :nap

I've previously had 2 blue ones,2 black ones, 1 red..... :bug_eye
Been \"Down Under\"from Holland/Europe with my 3 mates on 3 Tigers 955 in oktober/november 2005 and drove 15.000 km in 8 weeks through the Red centre and the Westcoast of Australia ! See our website !

Sin_Tiger

Not so sure about the Girly eyebrows personally but otherwise it looks very nice.

You are a  :bad influence but I'm sure you've been told that before  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TigerWil

Thankx Sin_Tiger  :notworthy

I'm not quite sure about the brows too....but....not underneath the clearcoat so can be taken off  :icon_lol:
Been \"Down Under\"from Holland/Europe with my 3 mates on 3 Tigers 955 in oktober/november 2005 and drove 15.000 km in 8 weeks through the Red centre and the Westcoast of Australia ! See our website !

Nick Calne

I quite like it. Even if it is a bit like cross dressing somehow.  :bug_eye

Really like your black wheels too. Nice bike.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

threepot

Black steamer looks nice :thumbsup You guys get over for the next meet in Wales 2015 :nod
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Beernard

Hi. Fantastic job on the outfit. It looks very, very neat. Also fantastic choice of touring destinations. Grew up near Euston meself and have been on the Prungle road as a young fella. Very free country, I thought.
Regards, Beernard.
Ripper, woke up again.

threepot

Yes..dropped it about 200yds further down,making way for a car :icon_rolleyes: Amazing the strength you find out of embarrassment :icon_redface: to pick it up!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: threepot on January 18, 2015, 01:03:19 AM
Yes..dropped it about 200yds further down,making way for a car :icon_rolleyes: Amazing the strength you find out of embarrassment :icon_redface: to pick it up!

You are certifiable...  and no amount of embarrassment got mine off the ground when I dropped it on the drive.  Even with two of us it was a struggle.  Same in France when I holed my back tyre...  :icon_redface:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geof9116

My 98 Steamer,  Twinduro tyres, heated grips and Givi Trecker Luggage.

Sin_Tiger

Nice Black rims, if you just bought it look very carefully under the black paint  :icon_study:

The Black Givi luggage looks good on it  :thumbsup

I see you also have the other must have factory accessory we all bought,  the side stand brick  :ImaPoser

Geof9116

Yep, I recently upgraded from a lump of wood. I think you will find that's a Staffordshire brindle brick no less  :bug_eye