News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

And how many others scattered around the globe 'stored at work' :nod
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Mustang

Back on TOPIC.........................

Mrs Mustang doesn't give no quarter to the line up of sparkling shiny Milwaukee VIBRATORS parked at her work ......................
she takes the best parking spot everytime .
She earned it , she puts more miles on in a week than those vibrators do all summer .
her tiger has more mileage than all of them combined

JayDub

I bought some ACF50... this is what it did - 19 months of mud, crud and flies destroyed - I just wanted to protect the bits which were suffering from year round use and outside storage.
I never clean my bikes, but this stuff has a bad influence on me, I even wiped over the all plastic bits :bug_eye
I suppose I'm impressed with it... it definately works as all the corroded bits have stopped looking corroded.  :icon_biggrin:

threepot

Quote from: Jaydub
I suppose I'm impressed with it... it definately works as all the corroded bits have stopped looking corroded.  :icon_biggrin:
/quote]

I just paint my corroded bits black :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

I did that today TP... l/hand engine cover - not just corroded though - a PO had used Hammerite! (hammered finish too... classy!) All this cleaning and fettling is getting to me, I even replaced the bent front brake lever  :bug_eye

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

Remember Epynt guy's? Mo's drag strip! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

Indeed, but all the time he was looking at the ambush of tigers with envious eyes!!!  :icon_eek:
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sparky

Cleaning out the garage and I thought they looked good together in the driveway so I took a few pics.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

threepot

Precelli hills,West Wales. Heading home from the ABR meet.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

Tigger did me proud amongst mainly  GS's,KTM's etc 
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Beernard

Quote from: threepot on July 19, 2015, 01:06:49 AM
Llyn Brianne
Not sure I am answering properly. I am from NEW South Wales. Just want to say this pic is fantastic. All the best. Bern.
Ripper, woke up again.

TigerWil

Last week I drove my old Steamer in the Andalusian mountains in Southern Spain  :icon_cool:

My bike and my Steamer friends are originallly Dutchies but a few also live there. Over the years I all got them on a Steamer after they once drove it !!! We parked them at a friends place in Spain and a few times a year we fly over because riding in Holland sucks.... :^_^
Been \"Down Under\"from Holland/Europe with my 3 mates on 3 Tigers 955 in oktober/november 2005 and drove 15.000 km in 8 weeks through the Red centre and the Westcoast of Australia ! See our website !