News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SHOCKER - standard suspension not so bad

Started by Brother Number One, May 12, 2006, 11:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Number One

We came out early this morning to do the 30 miles back from Tenrhir to Boumalne de Dades.  Speed limits are obsequiously observed in Morocco and we have got used to going everywhere at 65mph.  This morning, though, the road had long straights through the desert and sweeping bends.  We sat at 80, then 90, then, getting cocky, 100 and nipped, briefly, to 104.  The road surface was unpatched but wavy and a little bumpy just through being badly laid in the first place.  Stock Tiger suspension, in these conditions, was perfect.  We really flew and I don't think any other bike I have had in 22 years would have dealt with that road as well as the tiger did.

I've spent much of the last few weeks, since I got the Tiger, forming plans regarding the brakes and suspension.  Brakes are just plain poor, suspension, though, has its good moments as well as bad.  This was definitely a good moment.  Rear is on max preload with the damping cheekily set to one click beyond max, front is, erm, stock.

What a cool bike.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger