News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

wheelies

Started by phragment, May 15, 2006, 05:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phragment

OK come on then, tell me how to do it. I've had my Tiger about 6 weeks now and I'm feeling quite used to it. So, how do I get the wheel aloft? Is there a knack?

I used to have a Suzuki X7 when I was a scrawny teenager and you had to take it to 6000rpm, let it drop back to 5000, then crack the throttle open fast and it would stand on its tail.

However now I have a rather better developed sense of self preservation and getting the big, heavy Tiger up like that would scare the living shit out of me. So I want to know how you get a nice, smooth lift with no drama.

jp4evr

Sorry - but you're pretty much going to have to flog the Tigger to get that front wheel up.  

brake - pop clutch etc... that seems to work for me.  I have yet to "power wheelie" the beast.  It's no thumper
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Speed3guy

At sea level, I rev to about 7k in 1st gear and blip the throttle.  The front end comes right up.  I can sometimes make that work at home (6000ft), but I usually have to be abusive and fan the clutch a bit.

apache

On my 97 I just get her rolling about 10 mph, feather the clutch while hard on the throttle and were starin into space.

iansoady

When my brother had a go on my Tiger he said the front came up easily.  Mind you he's younger (and dafter) than me.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650