News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger redesign wish list

Started by BigDave, October 08, 2003, 07:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

Not that we have much say, but if you could recomend modifications to Triumph for the future Tiger, what would it be?

I'd pick:

Heated grips & Centerstand standard

some cosmetic redesign of the front tank/fairing area

better sump/header protection

RobZ

Quote from: "BigDave"I'd pick:

They must have heard you  :shock:

How about Tubeless rims ?

BigDave

Quote from: "RobZ"
Quote from: "BigDave"I'd pick:

They must have heard you  :shock:

How about Tubeless rims ?

I don't think so.  Not for '04(US)

Remember the MCN info was BS at best.

As much as I'd LOVE tubless spoked rims, they'd have to get them from BMW & I don't think that is happening anytime soon. :twisted:

raych

Instruments that are visible in light conditions other than broad daylight or pitch black.

NortonCharlie

" As much as I'd LOVE tubless spoked rims, they'd have to get them from BMW & I don't think that is happening anytime soon. "

Aprillia has Tubeless spoked rims, do they get them from BMW?
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

BigDave

Quote from: "NortonCharlie"Aprillia has Tubeless spoked rims, do they get them from BMW?

My understanding is that Aprillia gets them from BMW because the Aprillia orginally made the F650GS for BMW.

RobZ

Quote from: "NortonCharlie"" As much as I'd LOVE tubless spoked rims, they'd have to get them from BMW & I don't think that is happening anytime soon. "

I've heard of too many bent or broken spokes on the BMWs to want theirs.

I must have missed the post letting us know the heated grips were na internet hoax  :D  :D

BigDave

Quote from: "RobZ"
Quote from: "NortonCharlie"" As much as I'd LOVE tubless spoked rims, they'd have to get them from BMW & I don't think that is happening anytime soon. "

I've heard of too many bent or broken spokes on the BMWs to want theirs.

I must have missed the post letting us know the heated grips were na internet hoax  :D  :D

Really?  I didn't know they had troubles with those rims.  Pretty common problem?

I guess time will tell on the heated grips/centerstand rumor. At least based on current info on the Triumph website and new dealer product info (US) their will be no standard heatedgrips/centerstand.

Doug95

Heated grips

Centerstand

Take the eyelashes off the fairing over the headlights

MX - looking handlebars

Tubeless wheels  (spoked or not)

Extra power plug

Standard crashbars - maybe even a GS-Adventure treatment of some kind as an option.....probably need  the spoked rims for that....love to see a "street version" and an "adventure"  version  - street would have Daytona/Speed Triple engine in it's regular tune.
If you\'ve never stared off into the distance, then your life is a shame.....

- Counting Crows

Doug95

Oh yeah, and bring back the dual pipes......

Doug

- Counting Crows

Doug95

You know what?  I'm just going to come out and say it.  Get rid of the frikkin' tiger stripes altogether.......I wouldn't ride another bike because  of it, but the new Tigers honestly look to me like my kids did the graphics-just a little on the tacky side.

Now......lessee.....where the hell did I put my flame-retardant pants..... :lol:

Doug

- Counting Crows

BigDave

:cry:           :lol:

Are you sure thats all Doug?  :lol:

Doug95

"Are you sure thats all Doug?"

No.   The street edition would definitely need a 180 series tire on the back.

Now I'm done. :-#

:D

- Counting Crows

Pawk

~A more aggressive pipe.  (I have the triumph 'off-road' can and its still too timid, IMO)

~Real 'bear trap' type pegs.

~easily adjustable front fork.

~Don't make the oil specs such that you have to buy the over-priced  Triumph Oil specially bottled by mobil.

~Improved sump and header protection.  (as previously mentioned)

Concerning the graphics:

I would like to see the graphics applied after the clear coat so the owner could remove what he saw fit.  If I could, I would probably remove all the stripes.

Doug95

Pawk Said:

"I would like to see the graphics applied after the clear coat so the owner could remove what he saw fit. If I could, I would probably remove all the stripes."

Good call, Pawk.  On the older Tigers,  if you remove the rubber foot peg covers, there are actually claw-type MX footpegs underneath.....out of curiosity, I assume this isn't true of the new ones?

Doug

- Counting Crows