News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rally gear

Started by Mudhen, May 23, 2006, 07:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Just finished installing a Touratech RB-01 roadbook reader and a Lynx enduro computer on the Steamer.  The computer runs off a magnetic pickup unit mounted on the front brake disc, with a thumb operated remote mounted on the handlebars...the roadbook reader runs MANUALLY (too cheap to buy a powered one!   :D ).  It's all backlit, as well...for all the night events I do.  Right.

Now I just need to find an event somewhere so I can use it...

Maybe I'll enter the old girl on one of the new 'rally raid'/rallymoto/stage rally events we're supposed to get!

http://www.nasarallysport.com/rallymoto.php

\'96 Steamer

jp4evr

Your bike just keeps getting better.  Can't wait to get a ride report for your next rally (make sure it's a night one).
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Mudhen

I'm starting to see some issues...like the 18" rear tire rubbing on the centerstand.  I guess the 53 tooth rear sprocket shortens the chain enough that the eccentric pulls the wheel forward into the stand.

Whoodathunkit.

Probably should add a link to the chain.  But as the chain stretches it should move the tire back a little.  I'll skip the chain lube for awhile and see if that helps.   :lol:
\'96 Steamer