News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

AWESOME Fuel Mileage !!!

Started by Patrick the Scot, May 24, 2006, 02:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmoonx14

Yeah, I have deer-fear too. We don't have so many over here but I went to the Grand Canyon on my Aero last year in May last year and I was uber-careful in the mountains. I was lucky and had no close calls.

Everything I have read solidifies my theory about any anti-deer device being pure snake oil. They just don't work. If I want to keep the deer away I just purchase a hunting license and bring my rifle. That has worked many a season.

Sure....gimme a shout if you are gonna head this way.
~ Joel

\'06 Tiger 955i armed with Oly E-500 dSLR and Oly Mu 810

JRO

Quote from: "jmoonx14"Yeah, I have deer-fear too.

Everything I have read solidifies my theory about any anti-deer device being pure snake oil. They just don't work. If I want to keep the deer away I just purchase a hunting license and bring my rifle. That has worked many a season.

I saw three tonight, living.  One big doe was making a dash for the road, and made me think 50 may be a little fast, while coming home from Muskogee.

I saw three others, DOR.

No, those anti-deer gizmos don't work. My son bought a pair of those 'deer whistles', once. Sucker. Deer hear the same frequencies we do.

I don't think enough people hunt the things, these days. They're becoming overpopulated, and seriously need culling.
JRO

2006 Tiger

geoff

Adding my two cents worth to the fuel mileage discussion..

Last week on my first half tank of fuel (brand new 06 Tiger) and sticking to recommended running in rev limits I obtained about 48mpg (Imperial). A mix of about 30% urban traffic and 70% country riding.

T100LESS

Just back from a two day camping and mountain walking trip in North Wales, on my 2006 tiger,3000 miles on clock,filled tank to the gunnals before leaving home.Back box,side panners,all full,plus tent,blow up mattress and sleeping bag strapped  to  pillion seat ,oh and a few cans of Mr John Smiths..

Steady driving,nothing mad,a bit of motorway,good empty A roads. Re filled  tank after 153 miles,again as much as I could get in.=13 lts.

Not shaw on the maths, but I think thats works out to just over 52 imperial m.p.g.

Very pleased....Scotland here we come...

Loops

Was just thinking of post a thread about fuel consumption when I found this one.

So to add my tuppence worth

99 efi 67,000 miles - off road can and re-mapped.  1 tooth larger front sprocket (Sprint) and two teeth smaller rear (off the 955 Tiger).

Commuting all this week  - south coast england to Leatherhead via the A3 (for those who really want to know) which is about 65 miles each way.

246 miles (and light hadn't come on).

19.7 litres to fill up.

This works out to be

56.8 mpg UK

47.3 mpg US

4.97 ltr / 100km

This about my average for solo riding.

Touring with pillion and luggage I'd usually see 60 - 65 mpg UK.

Compared to 25 mpg UK for my car I really wonder why my company won't let me ride and save them a fortune.

One more point to make our US friends feel very smug.

Cost for a UK gallon of petrol is £4.22 - £4.50. Which if my maths is correct would be about $7.10 for a US gal.

I love the way Tigger sips the liquid Gold!!

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

Great Escape Tours

I'm flying out to Indiana to pick up my '05 Orange Tigger this next week. I'll be riding her back to California over the next 6 days after pick up. I'll keep track of my information and post it here when I get back to Cali. =)  Should be a cheap trip though!
Great Escape Motorcycle Tours

www.great-escape-tours.com

JRO

I am wondering what fuel mileage can be expected from the performance tune, vs. the stock tune.
JRO

2006 Tiger

malc

45mpg with triumph off road can remap & k & n air filter thats fast road riding Im very happy with that.

I had K & N filter fitted & since then

I had 210 miles with needle well into red & light still hasnt come on it does with ignition but not on for fuel yet so got triumph investigating a dodgy sender unit where before the light used to come on just into the red.

Any ideas?????????
its grrreaaattttttttt

Jim S

I'm finding no difference with CCC race can and mapping. I ride same as before and no noticible difference, around 52- 54 mpg (imperial) That's an 04 955i. 18,000 miles on clock.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Quote from: "JOHNNY G"I would say that 50+ is the norm up here in the high country. It is always somewhat annoying how much people I ride with have to stop. TIGERS RULE AGAIN! :D/

I agree but if you choose your riding buddies carefully It'll annoy them even more. Choose riders with a Honda Firestorm. They have to stop every 90 miles or so. So, make a point of stopping well away from the pumps and looking rather bored. Then, fill up, yourself, every 3rd stop!  :twisted:

greg

Two up with luggage 50-60 mph 292.8 miles, last 40 with orange light on, took just under 1/2 litre when I finally reached a pump, which I was very happy to see. I was very much riding for economy as I was told no more juice for 300 miles, which was just about right. In case you are wondering why no fuel stations for that distance it was a ride between the Morroco/Mauritania border to Nouackchott i.e. Sahara. Back up would have eventually reached me had I run out.
2004 Girly.

Quote from: "greg"Two up with luggage 50-60 mph 292.8 miles,   took just under 1/2 litre when I finally reached a pump, .

That's incredible. That works out at 2630 miles per gallon! :roll:

greg

Quote from: "Blacktiger"
Quote from: "greg"Two up with luggage 50-60 mph 292.8 miles,   took just under 1/2 litre when I finally reached a pump, .

That's incredible. That works out at 2630 miles per gallon! :roll:

Your maths is way off, it's 3,000 mpg.
2004 Girly.

Advwannabe

Hi Guys,

Yep I concur that 50 MPG ( IMP) is more than possible, especially at a steady 60-70 MPH. I haven't managed to get that sort of milage at 80+ speeds.

ALso, my consumption goes up as the Temp rises, not down. The ambiants I ride in range from 0-45 deg C. I've gotten down to 33 MPG into a 20 knot headwind at 90 MPH at  39 DEG C.

Hi Greg, I hope you are putting a trip report together for us  :D

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

greg

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Hi Guys,

Yep I concur that 50 MPG ( IMP) is more than possible, especially at a steady 60-70 MPH. I haven't managed to get that sort of milage at 80+ speeds.

ALso, my consumption goes up as the Temp rises, not down. The ambiants I ride in range from 0-45 deg C. I've gotten down to 33 MPG into a 20 knot headwind at 90 MPH at  39 DEG C.

Hi Greg, I hope you are putting a trip report together for us  :D

Cheers

Yes I am, waiting to get photos sorted (most Morocco ones missing at this point - not all my luggage came back), will then put something in ride reports.
2004 Girly.