News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Big Bear Breakfast Ride

Started by gatling, June 12, 2006, 04:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatling

This morning we took a quick Sunday morning breakfast ride on my new Tiger up to Big Bear for breakfast. This is on Highway 138 heading over to Big Bear from the High Desert.

Marty came along on his 100,000-mile K1200RS. We hit a lot of fog coming up through Cajon Pass and then on Highway 138, and then it suddenly lifted. Or we climbed up over it heading up into the mountains.

Another shot looking up Highway 138.

Marty and his K1200RS.

We stopped in to visit one of Marty's friends, and to get there, we rode through Rim of the World. Looking south out over San Bernardino, clouds blanketed our view. We were up above them.

My new Tiger up above the clouds. A USMC Captain saw us stopped, and he pulled over to talk to us. He told us he rides a Triumph Speedmaster and invited us on a ride the following week.

Our planned breakfast in Big Bear didn't work out. The service was awful so we left and headed down the other side of the mountain (on 18) toward Redlands. This is somewhere south of San Gorgonio Flats, at around the 6,000-foot elevation level.

My hat.

Another view of the Triumph.

We stopped at the Oaks on Highway 18, and it was great. Lots of bikes out front. Check out this Kawi's green tires.

A furtive shot using our table as a tripod for my F-5. All of the shots on this page were with my 17-35 Sigma lens.

I grabbed this shot using the F-5's self-timer. Had to rotate and crop it a bit in Adobe because the rock I used as a makeshift camera mount wasn't level.

Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger