News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine Torque Increased in 2006

Started by geoff, June 12, 2006, 05:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff

This is just an item of curiostity that I hope someone with inside knowledge may know the answer..

The 2006 tiger spec on the official Triumph web site says that the max. engine torque is 98Nm at 5,700 rpm. Prior to the 2006 model the max. engine torque was listed as 92Nm@4400rpm (even says this in my bikes handbook). In bike tests on the 2006 model there are comments that Triumph have fitted a new head to the 2006 model. I assume that this head change accounts for the change in the engine torque specifications. Maybe they changed the valves, ports, or cam design? I am curious to know what exact changes may have occured on the 2006 model and how this has changed the overall torque characteristics of the Tiger.

Cheers, Geoff.

PS. I did a forum search and found that this issue had been touched on in late 2005, but an answer was never posted.