News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What is better than a tiger?

Started by Patrick, June 12, 2006, 10:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Right. TWO tigers are better than only one.

In February, the Best Wife In The World had a weak moment. She agreed to my idea of having two bikes: one for traveling and touring on the road, the other one for having fun beside the (paved) road.

So I went off and bought a... steamer. It was a very good deal. Then I bought some goodies for it: White Power upside down fork, KTM LC4 Front wheel with Excel rims, 320mm floating brake disk, 4 piston brake calipers, Magura aluminium handle bar, a lightweight battery and so on.

This weekend I could take a first ride at an offroad training event. Although there still has to be done a lot of adjusting and altough the bike is far away from being able to become road legal, it was helluva fun to ride!

Up to now the bike lost about 15 kg of weight. The target is to drop the weight below 200 kg ready-to-ride without fuel (i.e. losing another 25 kg will be neccessary) and archieving road-legallity.

A long way to go, but the start is very promising...

Have fun!

Patrick

Brother Number One

2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Patrick

Quote from: "Brother Number One"BMW badge :?:

Yeah, my mech tried to be funny...

Have fun!

Patrick

apache

What bike did you pirate the forks from? looks like a nice setup.

Patrick

They come from a KTM SMC. Do you like to see, what they are capable of?

Have fun!

Patrick

apache

Sure would, What was involved in the change over? triple clamps have to be changed? very nice setup.

Mudhen

Quote from: "apache"Triple clamps have to be changed?

+1 on wanting to see/hear about that.
\'96 Steamer

Patrick

Yeah, of course.

The triple clamps originally come - just as the forks - from a KTM SMC. I needed them to install 1) the forks and 2) a 4 piston brake caliper (this one needs some space).

Here are some pics:

I bought them (including the brakes) from a guy who had them in his Africa Twin. Pics of his setup can be seen here: http://www.rielo.de/XTiger/gabel.htm

Of course, a new steering shaft (correct word?) had to be made.

Have fun!

Patrick