News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The National Road Rally

Started by HockleyBoy, July 05, 2006, 10:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Well I did the NRR on the Tiger at the weekend, an 800 mile round trip and she never missed a beat despite some idiot (me) flattening the battery an hour before I was due to leave.

I have to report the bike handled brilliantly on the motorway, A roads, B roads and some very small lanes and was still comfortable after about 18 hours in the saddle. The engine was smooth despite the heat, many stop starts and the early flat battery which after the first 40 miles had recharged itself.

As for the rally itself, I left Thurrock  at about 2pm and arrived very tired (but happy) at the National Motorcycle Museum at Birmingham at about 9.30 the next morning having called at around 20 checkpoints and having met some great people. All the checkpoints were manned by volunteers from various bike clubs who were brilliant, having given up their time to help out. The checkpoints were what kept you going throughout, friendly faces, a chat, drinks, food and advice at everyone.

In the end about 950 bikes took part and Tigers were well represented, I met about 6 on my route all of whom seemed to be enjoying it. All in all a very good weekend which I would recommend to all you other Tiger riders for next year (I will be back).

Oh and I raised about £750 for the charity Mencap as well!

Give it a try next year. :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Brother Number One

2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger