News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Monarch Pass Video - Across the Top - Final Clip

Started by Patrick the Scot, June 17, 2006, 01:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick the Scot

Here is the final clip from the cockpit of El Tigre on Monarch Pass, late May 2006. The whole clip is less than 3 minutes long. Turn the volume up, this is the best collection of curves on Monarch!

Click on the Blue Clip below to play.

The "flash 8" video player takes about 5 secs to upload, if you don't have it.

"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

JRO

I'll probably be in Seattle when you get a chance to reply, but tell me this... What is all the white?  Snow?  If so, how fast were you going?

I tried to ride my Tiger in the snow - it was too heavy. Kept trying to slip out from under me.

Oh, well.  I suppose it's just sunlight reflecting off the windscreen.  Still, I are curious...
JRO

2006 Tiger

geoff

I enjoyed the video but my PC will not play the sound from the flash movie (*FLV). 8)  

Is there any chance of posting a link to the wmv file (or other format like MPEG or MOV) so it can downloaded and played in windows media player so I can hear the sound as well as watch?

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "geoff"I enjoyed the video but my PC will not play the sound from the flash movie (*FLV). 8)  

Is there any chance of posting a link to the wmv file (or other format like MPEG or MOV) so it can downloaded and played in windows media player so I can hear the sound as well as watch?

I have the whole trip movie, 1:32 hours long windows media player.  Also, each Monarch clip is originally in window media player.  I am out on the thin branches here, technically, but let me see what I can post up.

I feel for you, cause you got to here the off-road triple singing it's song...
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "JRO"I'll probably be in Seattle when you get a chance to reply, but tell me this... What is all the white?  Snow?  If so, how fast were you going?

Oh, well.  I suppose it's just sunlight reflecting off the windscreen.  Still, I are curious...

Yeah, that white is called an "old video camera."  The white is road in the sun, the dark is road in the shadows.  The pavement conditions were perfect: warm, (relatively) clean, tight grain new asphalt.

Hope it is sunny in Seattle.

GatorTiger

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Here is the final clip from the cockpit of El Tigre on Monarch Pass, late May 2006. The whole clip is less than 3 minutes long. Turn the volume up, this is the best collection of curves on Monarch!

S-h-a-w-e-e-e-e-h-t!!!!!!! I like it!!!!! A LOT!!!!!!!!

I wonder what something like this would sound like with the camera mounted forward (DUH!!!  :roll: ) and an external mike right by the muffler baffle!!??

Anyone try this yet? Bueller???? Please do post!!!!!!

Everything swell comes in threes!!!!!  8)
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

Nice sound Patrick but the road is a bit too "motorway" for me. I prefer them a lot narrower.

I don't know why people ride Harleys. Surely they can't enjoy going THAT slow.

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Blacktiger"Nice sound Patrick but the road is a bit too "motorway" for me. I prefer them a lot narrower.

I don't know why people ride Harleys. Surely they can't enjoy going THAT slow.

First, I'm about as anti- Harley as a Yankee can get, but I must defend them to a degree.  "Slow" is a relative thing.  You see, they were actually clicking alone pretty fast for what their 50 year suspension technology could handle.  They were probably feeling like they were right on the edge.  Also, I was doing close to 90 MPH when I passed the first one.  I rolled off the throttle and hit the corner about 70 or so.

If you want to see a tight high-speed pass, I'll post some more soon.

TigerTrax

Aye.... Patrick ... you've done us well, man!

Not only have ya tamed Monarch Pass with grace of a Royal Tiger...

but you've stuck out your paws and scratched Willy G's Arse!

Admittedly .... once a Harley is in the 'eye of the Tiger' .......

tis a sad day in Miwaukee!

See you in Durango!

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'