News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Insurance

Started by RobZ, October 09, 2003, 12:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobZ

As I have seen some questions on Insurance costs I thought a thread with info would be nice.

I just switched from State Farm to Progressive on my Tiger.

SF was $1172 a year in Dallas for full coverage

Pro was $743 a year for same coverage

I ended getting Pro with only liability and Uninsured/underinsured for $253 a year.

As long as I do not trash it myself I'm OK.

skoron

Rob:

Location and state have a big impact on rates.  I use Liberty Mutual because we have a deal with them through work.  Two cars, two bikes and the house.  I pay about $250 with comp, collision and third party.  No tickets or accidents (knock on wood).  I have been told the State Farm hates bikes and that Prog is kinda expensive but is specialty focused and does deal well.  

Good luck

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

MikeF

I've had State Farm for many years for all my stuff. I have 3 cars, 3 bikes and my house so I get good prices on the package. I tried other guys and they wanted twice what I'm paying through SF for my bikes so with they're multi car discounts I'm saving probably $2500 a year. I hope I never give them an excuse to drop me.

NortonCharlie

I have progressive with full coverage on the 2001 955 Tiger and libility on one Norton and the Yamaha DT400 all for $259.00.  This is Iowa and the deductable is $500 on the Tiger.  Funny thing the rate dropped $20.00 when I added the Yamaha last year.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Doug95

Hey NortonCharlie,

I think I may have asked you this on another list, but where's Waverly?  I get over to western Iowa relatively often - ride to Waubonsie S.P. near Sidney several times a year.  Also ride to the Loess Hills near Council Bluffs every once in awhile.  Are you near Baxter's at Marne?  If you ever get out this way, drop me a line, and we'll go for a ride.

Doug

Milford, NE
If you\'ve never stared off into the distance, then your life is a shame.....

- Counting Crows

wdkng_24

waverly, ia is just north of waterloo/cf.  oh and hi charlie.  its me, kent, the "kid" that just bought the orange 04 tiger from webers.  baxter cycle is what, five hours away by interstate.  worth if for the test rides in august.  i'm hoping to get off work in wyoming to come back for that this year . . . .