News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gas Gage Accuracy

Started by gatling, June 24, 2006, 07:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Number One

I like the way it works: red first, then fuel light.  On a trip, where I don't know where the garages are, I fill up in the red.  At home, I wait for the light. :)
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

TigerTrax

My '06 Tiger is very consistent.... 218 miles my light comes on and I have about 1.3 gallons to go. I figure I'm good for 260 miles and can breathe..

275 and I'm in doodoo!

Any of you Tiger freaks  going to join us in Durango or Jasper, AR ?

Durango: Sept 14-16 2006           Jasper, AR  Oct 12-14 2006

Jasper is THE HOOT !
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Aussie Tiger

My 06 Tiger is the same.  18 litres till  the light comes on, 6 litres left in the tank. Have'nt wanted to push my luck too much but, with the guage showing just above the needle and the light glaring at me, got 450 Klm's and still had 1.5 litres left in the tank (5 litres /100 klms) which I hear is about average.  I still reset the trip meter for accuracy and try to fill when the light comes on so that the fuel pump doesn't suck up any garbage.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!