News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hi Guys \ Gals

Started by Loops, June 26, 2006, 07:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Hi All,

Just a quickie message to say Hi, I just signed up today.  I only found this forum about 5mins ago !!  Wish I'd know about it a while back.

I've had my Yellow (the best colour) 1999 efi Tiger since Aug 99 - the day of the eclipse if any of you can remember that far back.  Part ex a Yammy XS1100 for her.

Currently has about 66,800 miles on it.  On full dealer service history.  No major issues - the bash plate bracket keeps breaking but a jubilee clip sorted that.

It's fitted with Hagon front springs and a custom built Ohlins rear shock, I run BT020 front and rear.  Dropped the yolks (triple trees for the Yanks) down the forks by 20mm.  Currently on the forth set of hero blobs.

Fitted one tooth bigger front sprocket (Sprint?) and two teeth smaller (955 Tiger) rear sprockets for more relaxed cruising.

She gets used for all sorts, commute (150 mile round trip), pleasure, touring, track days and following the BSB series - I help out at the Hawk Kawasaki ZX10R BSB team.

I've got standard panniers and am looking for a top box.

Last weekend the radiator developed a leak because she overheated in London 'cos the fan was seized - so called triumph for costs £250 for the rad and £150 for the cooling fan assy.  They are having a laugh!!  That's almost criminal.

I've got the complete assy from a breaker for £150, which is bad enough.

Still have to say me and SWMBO love the Tigger.  I plan on seeing the 100,000 miles stamp in the service book.

That's enough for now, look forward to the future and discussions over the coming months.

Cheers

Loops

PS anyone out there use the old Yahoo group chat room?  I was registered there but had too many e-mails to cope with!!
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

greg

Hi, sounds like you are getting a bit of use out of the bike :)
2004 Girly.

Brother Number One

2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger