News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

...and another question.....

Started by winkie, July 16, 2006, 05:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winkie

Been in discussion with a bloke selling his Tiger, the bike is on a 03 plate, full luggage, heated grips, scottoiler, two screens and some other bits.....its only done 7K, and he's asking £4350 for it....

Seen some phots he's emailed me and it looks immaculate...

I think its a good deal.....

.....but that might be my excitment getting the better of me...any opinions guys

Soz guys should have asked when posted this :oops: ....whats the average miles per gallon? i know it will be dependant on speed, I have to commute 100miles a day, mostly on A road and Dual carrigeways...

Eric

Can't help with the price, as I in US, but with my new 06 Tiger, I've gotten well over 40 mp(US)gal., probably close to 50! I'm impressed!
Eric Walburgh

06 Tiger

bloaker

I range from 44mpg to 47.

Jim S

I've checked mine a few times now, commuting at speed limits in the UK around 54 MPG, I've had 212 to 218 to four gallons of fuel. I don't thrash it that often but it does get the odd blast.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Brother Number One

Most fuel efficient big bike I have had by far.  You will be filling up every 200 miles and be putting less than 20 litres in.

Gadding about gets this down to 160 miles(ish) for the same fuel, but this is going everywhere at the red line.  Which I can also recommend. :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Quote from: "winkie"

Soz guys should have asked when posted this :oops: ....whats the average miles per gallon? i know it will be dependant on speed, I have to commute 100miles a day, mostly on A road and Dual carrigeways...

I'd count on 2 gallons a day for your commute. I regularly get 220~230 miles out of 18 litres (fuel light) so you'll be filling up every other day or so. And, by the way, you won't need to thrash it to get there quickly. Keep it below 6000rpm and you'll easily get 55mpg. Above 6K and it can seem like it has a drink problem.......good fun though!

winkie

Well thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated, I'm riding a T595 at the mo which is doing about 45ish to the gallon and i'm pleased with that  so anything around 50 is a bonus!!!

I,m on the verge of doing this deal, so when (not if) its done, i will be joining the fold again...(This will be my second tiger, used to have a black steamer, and my fourth triumph)....

Let you know how i get on, I should have it within the next 10 days....feel like a kid in a toyshop waiting.....Ha!!

cheers!! :P