News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

9000 onaAnakee rear tire

Started by JRO, August 08, 2006, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRO

Almost 9,000, that is.  Looks like I'll have that much, when the new one finally comes in.  No, it's not quite down to the threads, yet.  I was hoping it would make it that far, but I guess it won't.  My reason for riding it this far:

Supplier delays getting a new tire, for the last few weeks. (Anyone else have this problem?)

Observations on over-riding an Anakee:

You can do it, but it's not smart.  This tire should have been changed, at least 1,000 miles ago; 1,500 would have been better.

How does it handle?

Well, kinda slippery.  It's okay for idling around town, but I haven't done any serious hiway riding, for the last couple of hundred miles.
JRO

2006 Tiger

wasions

Mine turned over 9010 miles today.  It's not even down to the wear bars yet, and handles as good as ever (though I haven't scraped anything yet).

I got right at 12K out of my last (650 Burgman) tire.  I fully expect this to do at least as much.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Jim S

Hmmm, I've done around 5000 on mine and it's a bit squared off with the Euro tour, too much motorways!

Not for the want of trying, the sides just aren't wearing quick enough and I touch down the pegs daily! I can feel the squareness in cornering but I reckon there's a couple of mm left yet so probably another 1000 or so miles, I don't think it'll see 7000 miles though.

Depends how you ride I suppose. :wink:
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

TigerTrax

I just pulled my Anakee rear .... 6300 miles ....

replaced it with a Tourance ... that will be good for 10,000 !
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Jim S

Tourance not for me, I removed them and replaced with the Anakee. I found them skittish in the wet, I find the anakee more confident in the wet, just my opinion.

But I can put up with the wear on the Anakee compared to the confident feel in all conditions. My Africa twin went through Bridgestone trialwings at 5000 miles a set but I thought they felt good all round tyres. Some disagree and called them deathwings!  :roll:

I haven't tried the Battlewings yet but the reviews say they're good, but more road biased. I'm considering Conti TKC 80's next but I'm unsure if I offroad often enough to warrant them. I suppose it's finding a balance of what you use the bike for. I do hit tracks maybe once a week but not a lot of miles, mostly on the tarmac so I'm unsure.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade