News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 sidestand fell off. but cant get the bolt off??

Started by squid, August 10, 2006, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squid

So I went to stand my tiger up in the lot at my local bank.  It about fell the heck over on me!  Having JUST installed the centerstand (and wondered what the proper spring installation was.  anyone know?) I popped the centerstand to have a look.

Low and behold the weld that held the shaft to the fitting had broken all around.   Looks like a bad weld.

So when I got home I attempted to get the bolt with nut that held it on, off.

The nut came right off the back, but I cannot seem to extract the bolt at all.  Is it held in there with a clip or it is not round or something?  I do not see it in the service manual anywhere.  (not that the manual matches my swingarm anyway)

Any hints?

Sofalofa2005

squid... listen mate, our local bike courier, who bought a new Tiger in October 2005 and has so far covered over 35,000 miles (yikes!), his stand has given up on him twice in that time... he had it done under warranty... did you fit it yourself? If not, get the dealer to sort it out - shouldn't cost youa penny / dime....

squid

I've taken it into the dealer and they've "filed a claim" with Triumph.  We'll see how it all works out.  Just waiting about, now.