News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2007 Tiger

Started by JanH, August 15, 2006, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanH

thx1158

The result of an unholy union between a Multistrada and a V-Strom. Glad I got the 06.
RWW

06 Tiger

Hayduke

Looks like a direct Vwstrom clone to me.

BykBoy

I like it.

Looks way better then the Strom and the current Tiger...

Sure, it's not an "adventure" bike, but it will probably be a better fit for most, since most people who buy an "adventure" bike are posers anyway...
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

wasions

Y'know, I like my '06, too, but that looks like it might be rather fun, after all.   8)

Kinda like a Speed Triple, only comfortable.   :wink:
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

norwegian-tiger

Thanks Triumph, for destroying the best allroad bike in the world!

Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

klingklang

QuoteThanks Triumph, for destroying the best allroad bike in the world!

I second!

wasions

I went out to run some errands on the Tiger this a., and started thinking about the new bike.  It seems it's intended competetion is the Suzuki SV series, the Yamaha FZ series, and other bikini-faired sport bikes.  As such, it nails it quite well, but that leaves the semi-naked tourer at a severe disadvantage.  What do we have left?  The GS, the Ulysses, and the Multistrada?  I can't afford the Beemer, don't like the Buell, and have never even seen a Ducati dealer.

The present ('06) is the perfect all-around bike for me.  I almost never remove the bags (3), as they're so eminently practical for commuting, day-trips, shopping, etc., whatever I happen to get the urge to do.  Without the bags, I could not even use the bike to commute back and forth to work!

The seat on the new bike, while appearing lower, and possibly more comfortable, would leave my wife sitting on an uncomfortable little wedge, much like the useless Firebolt/Lightning pillion.  For that reason alone, the bike wouldn't make my short list.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have done my shopping in '06.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

olcrowe9

Wow what a V-strom look alike.  I'm sure it is smooth and tighter but come on.  The Tigers just have a uniqueness to them that I think they let slip on the 2007.  Oh well Triumphs problem now.  I love my 2005.  

Nice website BTW.

Cheers.
\"What we do in life echos in Eternity\"

winkie

Thank god for that!!!

I thought i was the only one who disliked the new "thing"...Got an 04 myself and love it to bits, (call its Sammo....cos don't half move quick for a fat bloke!!!) my fourth triumph and the most fun and practical one yet...

...so unless they decide to bring out a new shaped one with "offroad" leanings (panniers etc) then when sammo is finished with then its a Beemer for me..... :shock:

Sorry guys.... :smt010

Ken_T_frm_CA

Looks like, if you buy an 07 Tiger, you get one that is pre-rear ended.  Wot a feature!!   :cry:
Ken T. from Ca.

\"I don\'t approve of political jokes..I\'ve seen too many of them get elected.\"

95\' Trident, 02\' Bonneville, 06\' Tiger

http://www.labiker.com/members/index.php?cc63d31418542

William Reber

The 07 to me is a nice looking bike and am sure like my 06 it has soul , however I like my Nemo looking 06 a little tall for a guy who is only 5' 10" but I have grown use to it in the last 10,000 miles buying the bike in May of 06 while no iron butt rider and coming off a GL 1800 you might be able to tell I like the odd little 06 Tiger a lot. But I do think maybe Triumph should offer the 19 inch front as a option and throw in the bags and lugage rack , then I would have a inproved Tiger in my future ?? :lol:

davensocal

JanH-

Congrats on the new bike.  Regardless of our opinions, I am sure you will enjoy it!!  

William Reber-

You  brought up a good point I hadn't considered yet..  I didn't realize the '07 lost the rack and the bags.   Wow..

William Reber

Lost to the 07 Tiger   Bags , rear rack . 19" front , supension Travel , and for me tha most inportant a Gallon of Gas , if you ride boone docks that's a big problem . But still a sharp looking bike that with a little more money would almost make a good 06 , Just kidding it's a nice bike !

gatling

I really love my '06.  It's perfect for the kind of riding I do.

In old Mexico...

Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger