News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Fool Filter

Started by RedMenace, October 11, 2003, 02:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedMenace

The steamers have a right stoopid arrangement for the fuel filter. It is inside the fuel line, at the T between #2 & #3 cylinders. You have to drop the carbs to inspect or clean it!

Pull it out and throw it away! Put an inline fuel filter out where you can get to it.

I routed the fuel line down, under the carbs and out. I used a glass filter from NAPA. It can be field stripped at the side of the road and cleaned. The filter element can be cleaned or replaced. It has seen many miles of hard use with no problems.

I recently slipped a spring over the fuel line below the filter to help it make the bend without kinking and to prevent chafing on the waterline shield.
The Red Menace

skoron

Red Menace

So that's where it is!  I don't have a service manual and have been doing most of the simple service myself (had the dealer do the valve adj though).  Was looking for the fuel filter.  looked in tank, at the petcock, etc.  I guess  I have another job to do when it comes time to replace the air filters.

Thanks Red!

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

khakitiger

I just identified this as the likely cause of my Steamer's failure to start problem.

I got the fuel line off and to my immediate dismay saw no filter. exploring the T-connector at the carbs with tweezers produced a few shredded remnants of the filter.

Any suggestions for getting it out of there without disassembing the carbs? I'm unsure how far along the lines the fabric has gone...