News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hear the mighty Tiger roar!

Started by Jim S, August 20, 2006, 08:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim S

Ok, first attempt to link a video so bear with me!

On the way home from the Stella I went over the Col de Galiber, fully laden, two up full hard luggage and a tent! Alison on back with small digital camera.

The overall video makes impressive watching but too big for my website! I've edited out a bit where I thought it would impress some of you guys, on the straight you hear the Tiger bounce off the rev limiter!

Take a look, hope it impresses!

http://www.jamessimpson.dsl.pipex.com/AVSEQ01.wmv
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

A bit wobbly but very nice all the same. It's the Galibier with a second "i" by the way and it is a great piece of road.

I'm wondering if anyone doing this kind of video has come up with a solution to the wind noise? I'm thinking of putting a microphone somewhere near the airbox so that the noise of the engine would be heard. Any solutions out there?

Mudhen

:smt041

Sounds AWESOME!!!!

Is the bike stock?
\'96 Steamer

wasions

I like the paint left on the road from the Tour.   :wink:
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Jim S

Sorry about the spelling!  :lol:

I was too interested on staying on the bike!  :twisted:

The camera was a simple Nikon Coolpix 4200, 4mpx. Video in quicktime. Windnoise is one of those things, only cure would be an external mike out of the windblast. I reckon the back of the bike would be better for the exhaust note! On the wobbly note, you try sitting behind me on a Tiger holding on with one hand and filming! You can see her in the mirror if you look closely!

But this was not an exercise in video it was simply a run back from the Stella Alpina rally and we took it spur of the moment. I like to think it's one of those gems to remenisce over for ever! Any way, it puts the sound into context.

Not stock, exhaust CCC stainless race with a decibel killer fitted to ward off the police. Not too noisy, but gives the bike tone. Race mapping as well.

We got held up in Briancon for three hrs due to the Tour de France, followed the bikes up the Annecy road and that's where I took the detour over the Col to avoid more hold ups. It took five hrs to cover around 15 miles! The Col de Galibier made it all worth while!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

erwinvw

Nice place to lose it,, rocks everywhere!

I went for a ride two weeks ago,, with 2 buddies, one on a 636 and the other on a GSXR 600.. they were surprised how well the Tiger handled the curves as I stayed with them. The straights were hopeless!!

We hit one curve where there were two types of ashpahalt from repair and a sloppy one at that. I hit it banked over at about 110km/h and it sent me into the gravel shoulder...never would have happened on a sport bike cause you can carve harder,, but I was chuffed cause the tiger took it in stride and I stayed on the gas,,, kept up and got back on the road.

Mind you, I've done some hairy riding, but I was impressed the bike stayed upright.

The boys didnt notice, but it was actually kind of fun

Do that on a gixxer....

Jim S

Hi mate, I'm quite surprised by that last post! I can drop the Tiger into corners until it grinds the pegs? I've lost one hero blob off the left side and the right one is looking a bit bent now!

I reckon mine's as sharp as a lot of sports bikes, although not on a par with my Blade, still up there with the best?

Speedwise, yes, 130 odd mph is the limit, the sports would open big holes but hey, that's not what it's about really is it?

Just thought I'd mention I had a small offroad "issue" heading North through France, I was day dreaming coming off an autoroute after a numbing 7hr stint, wasn't paying attention and headed off into the verge at about 70mph! The damned slip road was tighter than I imagined and reckoned straightening the bike up was a better alternative to low siding it. I crossed the hardcore drainage and ended up in a concrete culvert, got the bike slowed down and just rode up the culvert and back over the gravel on to the tar! Try doing that on a sports bike!

Damn! I just love my Tiger!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade