News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dinosaur National Monument & Northern CO: dial-up beware

Started by Pawk, October 14, 2003, 04:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pawk

This past weekend I put 772 clicks on the bike exploring northern Colorado.  I amazed myself by actually getting the bike moving by 4:30 on Saturday morning.  Another surprise was that is was a warm 47 when I left, little did I know freezing my ass off was still in the cards.

Here is the route:

The ride up the Cache La Poudre Canyon coming out of Fort Collins is amazing even in the dark.  A trip back there is a must during the day.  I was figuring by the time I would gain elevation the sun would be coming up and along with it the temperature, well, it didnÌt quite happen that way.

I stopped here, near Cameron Pass because in was 17 degrees and I was freezing my ass off÷

Cameron Pass:

It is truly amazing how quickly the land can change in a relative short distance.  In about 60 miles from the above picture I was here, near Oak Creek, just about to enter the Routt National forest.

In the Routt National Forest:

Ripple Creek Pass; just a little color left:

Hello All:

Purty backroad:

This seems to be a common practice out there÷.

I had to pick my way through cattle like this 4 times÷

One of a bazillion reservoirs..

Again, huge landscape change.

This inside the Dinosaur National Monument.  See the twisty road down there?

Gotta love the ability of a crap digital camera to actually take a cool shot.

The next two are my favorite shots÷.

At Echa Park Campground.  Beautiful, highly recommended.

Leaving the next morning, little did I know it would take me almost 3 hours to take the 30 mile long way out via an unimproved jeep trail.

Riding through this graveyard of trees was truly creepy.  It was dead calm, no wind at all÷

In all it was a great weekend with perhaps two much time in the saddle.

BigDave

NICE PAWK!

I love that area.  I spend a whole bunch of time up in those parts.  

Was the Pourdre Canyon a blast on the Tiger?

I shoulda came with you & maybe I wouldn't have torn my stuff up!

(you are probly a loner like me  :oops:)

You were solo or 2 up?

Pawk

I was rollin solo on this one...

And yes, I have been called aloof before.  :twisted:

The Poudre Canyon was a riot.  I bet I woke up every single camper in the canyon.

GODSPEED

Seeing all that open country and snow in the high country makes me miss living in Kansas sometimes.  Nice fall ride and great shots!    :D/

deejay

I have wanted to do this ride since your original post, and can ride in July 2007.  I am now unable to view the unlinked pictures.  Could you please re-link or e-mail to me? Purdy Please.