News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help Ò the money light is on!

Started by T»n»r», September 11, 2006, 10:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T»n»r»

Had some bother starting the 955 after a spell parked up in the garage and a flat battery. Charged the battery and it was still a sod to start, but it did eventually after a tussle and seems fine now......except the money lamp (engine management) is lit. I'm fairly sure there's nothing really wrong with the bike and I don't want to have to book an expensive trip to the dealer. Is there a way to reset the system? I'm pretty sure a reset would see the lamp stay out but is it possible without the Triumph tool?

NortonCharlie

It could have just been the flat battery, If the fault is gone the light will go out after 3 warmup/cool down cycles
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Silverstripes

Yep, had the same with a flat battery.

The fault I had, was low power to the fuel pump, when it was plugged into the Triumph computer to see why the light was on.

Two options:

1. Take it to a dealer to have the fault removed and system reset. They may charge a small ammount.

2. Go for the 3 warm up and cool down cycles as mentioned by the previous post.

All should then be well. Just as a side issue since this problem I leave mine on a optimate charger so that it does not happen again.

macca695

ride it more it wont go flat then !!!!!!