News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

07 Tiger - now official.....

Started by ChrisN, September 19, 2006, 11:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bushwhacker

Well I think it is set to go head to head with the Multistrada and I like it.

I Bought a Multi in July and put my 2005 tiger up for sale.

Last month about 30 miles north of the Grand Canyon a camper cut me off and I locked up the multi and swerved.  Went down breaking a couple of ribs and a colar bone.  

Totaled the Multi.

Went down last week and traded the 2005 tiger on a new Caspian Blue ABS 2007 to be delivered in March.

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

flyingpackman

Here is my two cents, for what it's worth.

A year and a half ago I sold my old Honda road bike and decided to join the ranks of the dual sporters.  This decision was mostly influenced by a friend who had a GS.  After one ride I was hooked on the upright riding position and the feeling that I could take it anywhere.  I looked at the GS, Tiger, Vstrom, and the KLR.  Long story short, I made my decision almost exclusively on economics.  Yes, I bought the KLR.  Less $ to buy, less $ to insure, and less $ to maintain.  Here are my main reasons for not buying the others:

GS - Waaaaay too much money

Tiger - Couldn't find a good used one and I didn't want to borrow the money to buy new.

VStrom - A face that only a mother could love.  I never rode one, I just didn't like the looks of them.

KLR - Walked in, paid cash, drove out.

I have about 7500 miles on the KLR.  Mostly commuting with a few trips off the pavement (nothing more than good fire roads).    

Now, I have a confession to make, for the last year and a half I have been lurking around this site secretly wishing that I bought a Tiger.  Don't get me wrong, I love the KLR for all the reasons that I bought it, but there are two huge problems with it.  

1. I don't like how it feels on the freeway at 75 mph.  I know people ride these for thousands of miles, but I'm not sure I could put up with the vibration and buffeting.

2. I can't ride 2-up on it with my wife.  She doesn't ride very much with me because it isn't comfortable.  

So, now that I have made my true confession, I'll tell you the rest of the story.  I have been thinking about selling the KLR and this old 85 Goldwing that I have and picking up a Tiger.  I had been waiting to see what the 07 would bring.  mmmmm..... Here are my thoughts.

When this issue of Cycle World landed in my mailbox I grabbed it and went straight to the article about the Tiger.  I was tingling in anticipation, because I hadn't seen the pictures yet.  It was very well written with great pictures, but the more I read the more disappointed I became.  This is not what I wanted!  They seem to be moving out of the DS category.  

It looks just like this!

Was it supposed to be competition for this?

Come to think of it, I think someone told Kawasaki that the KLR needed to look like this too:

What are they doing?  Is the goal to make every motorcycle in the DS category look the same?  I guess the market for big dual sport motorcycles isn't very big and so it's not very profitable and they were trying to break into another market segment.

Bottom line, I don't think I'll be rushing to the Triumph dealer to buy an 07.  Actually, the 2001-2004 models are more appealing to me right now.  I've been casually looking for a used one in this area for 6 months, but haven't found one that is close enough to go look at.  (I bought one bike, sight unseen, off e-bay, and I won't do that again).  I'm not even sure there are any Tigers in the state of Colorado.  

Saturday I went to a 5000 bike benefit ride for the girl that was killed in Bailey CO.  I looked and looked for Tigers, but I never found one.  There were a few GS's and one Honda 650, but the vast majority of the bikes were HD look-alikes and Goldwings.  

Just sign me . . Frustrated in Colorado.
LP

Bushwhacker

Here is a Tiger for you in Iowa - 1998 - $2850, cheap enough to buy sight unseen.

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?o ... 4&forum=35

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

flyingpackman

Thanks,  No offense to those who own older Tigers, but I like the looks of the 2001 and newer models.  Also, I would like the 955 engine.   The search continutes.
LP

wasions

FYI, I've been on vacation the last couple of weeks and have hit two Triumph dealers.  Las Vegas, NV, and Tucson, AZ, both have new blue '06's.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

norwegian-tiger

And hereā€¢s a pic of 5 of the new ones.

Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/