News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello, '99 to '06

Started by IrishJohnny, September 30, 2006, 03:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishJohnny

Hi, nice to see my profile still works here.

I posted on here a long time ago looking for Tiger advice...ended up with an '04 Thruxton and a '99 Tiger.

Well recently I chopped both for an '06 Tiger, close shave that was before that horrible '07 was released....not to mention silly mph on the Thrux with an open face helmet and googles...good fun while it lasted though.

Anyway, more advice needed......Tiger from England to Dakar two up...what do you reckon....I'm already thinking Touratech headlight guard, crash bars, sump guard, oil/rad guard, panniers....apart from such posturing what do you think ???

Cheers,

John

Patrick the Scot

Good on ya for coming into terra de El Tigre!  

I would definitely recommend shit-canninig the stock Anakees for a real on-off road set of tires.  I am a long distance pavement rider all the way, however, if I was doing any sort of adventurous side trips along the way, I would have better off-road tread.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

tonyb

I think good luck and hope you make it, and two up !. like to see any photo's when you get back. :x  :smt023  :smt023
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever