News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2006 Tiger..Here I come!

Started by PowerOfSoul, October 29, 2006, 07:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerOfSoul

I know this subject can be found on the site.   I am purchainsing the last year of the old tiger 2006.

How is the reliabiltiy and what are the issues with the the 955 motor or any issues I need to look out for on the bike in general.    I perfer to keep my bike for al lonng time.  Any tips are appreciated.

Cheers!

bloaker

8700 miles on my 06 in the past 6 months.  The only problem I have had was one wire loose for my turn signals.  A once over revealed the wire and it was fixed in ten minutes.  

Aside form that, the three tigers I know of locally are all running great.

Brooks Short

I've got 7,000 miles on my 06 purchased in June with no problems so far.

I did wear out the original tires (Annakees). The rear was down to the wear bars but the front was still good.  I replaced them both with BT 020's which immensely improved the on-road handling.
One Less Car

wasions

12,800 mi. on my '06 since March.  Had a nail in the rear tire early in the summer, but it didn't go flat.  The rear tire is getting near to the wear bars, so I'll change it (but not the front) sometime soon.  Other than lubing the chain every week or so, and a few oil changes, it's required no maintenance and hasn't let me down.

The rubber bits, though, are no good.  The strap over the battery let go a couple of months ago, and the strap holding the tool kit is about to go.  The pad that goes between the seat and the back of the tank unglued long ago, too.

Good luck with yer six!
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

The Midnight Rambler

I've put 5000 on my 06.

Just changed the tyres for Michelin Pilot Roads as I don't go off road and I'm really pleased with the result; much easier turn in and very confidence inspiring.

The standard screen gets a fair bit of criticism (see other posts) and I went for the MRA Vario which is better but still noisy, so now I use earplugs. Might try mirror extenders next.

The sport screen gets rid of the buffeting but you are hanging on above 80 (recommended for those brits with 9 points on their licence!)

I think the biggest problem you'll find is not wanting to get off.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

ghostbiker955i

26000 miles on my 05, ok its an 05 not an 06 but basicly the same :)

Only probs is worn out discs and chain
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

William Reber

Purchased my bike May of 06 now has over ten K on it. Rotors replace at no charge , warped from factory. other then that no problems. I for my self like the 06 better then the 07 also.

Advwannabe

Hi All,

25Ks since June (16kmiles) in tempretures ranging from below freezing to 43c, no problems. Now I've got a chance to get to know a few more Triumph owners in the top end, it seems that the 955 engine is a very solid lump. Daytona owners report extended 200km/h+ runs in 37c+ heat with no ill effects and their motors are in a considerably higher state of tune than Tigger. I've run mine at 170-200 km/h ( which is top whackfor me) in similar temperatures, stopped, filled the tank and repeat, again with no ill effects.

There are the odd cases of motors going bang relatively early, but these seem fairly infrequent.

There are a couple of recall issues with early 955s to do with radiator hose routing and quick release fuel connectors but I imagine Triumph would have adjusted its process by the time the '06 came along.

I had a fuel fitting blow out through inept servicing and the guys who designed the riders aerodynamics and centre stand should be shot, but this bike is one of the good guys. Enjoy!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

bloaker

OK, up to 13000 miles and still no problems.