News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2006 Valve shims

Started by ipollen, November 16, 2006, 03:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipollen

In readiness for me collecting my 2006 bike on Tuesday  :D  I collected the Triumph service manual today for some bedtime reading.

I was surprised to read in the manual that the valve shims are on top of the bucket and not under. I thought all new 955 engines had gone to under bucket shims. I just wanted to check in case the dealer had ordered me the wrong manual.

Cheers, Ian

ArizonaKid

The 955 motor is of the "shim over bucket" design.  Don't know about the older steamers or the new 1050. . .
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

BR

The Steamers are shim-over-bucket as well.  I'd predict the newest Tiger is the same as well.  None of our bikes rev high enough to warrent having the shim under the bucket.  Be thankfull as it's a PITA to change those anyway (gotta pull cams...).

BR

'98 BRG Tiger

San Jose, CA

ipollen

Thanks for the info guys.

I know the last ST, Speed Tripple and Daytona 955 engines were all shim under bucket but I was not sure about the 2006 Tiger.

Good news as it means I have the correct manual and as you say, shim under bucket is a pain when clearances need adjusting.

Ian