News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1050 Tiger Test Ride

Started by Clemski, December 12, 2006, 10:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemski

Well, went down to Jack Lillies on Saturday to have a look at the new Tiger, studied it from every angle, thought I like the look of it. Sat on it, felt similer to my Tiger, but a bit more forward, sat on it again after 10 mins and it did'nt feel bad at all. So decided to take it for a test ride, what a "hoot", the engine is a dream, pulls from very low down and does'nt stop until you wind it off, the handling is outstanding, as our the brakes. I took it over a variety of road surfaces, including the road I live in, which is an unmarked track full of quite deep pot holes and the suspension soaked them up. Went down the motorway at a variety of speeds and it felt very comfortable, thought I could do a bucket load of miles on this, the screen seemed to work better the quicker you went. I was full of doubts when I first saw the new Tiger, not the Tiger I want, Triumph have let us down with this new one, then I saw it and rode it, "stunning". I would suggest you go and have a go on it and then decide, soon as I can afford it, I will be putting a deposit down on one.   :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

Stretch

And was it as roomy as a Girly?

Clemski

There appears to be just as much room, if not slightly more, allthough the seats one peice and the pillion part is about 11/2" higher than the riders. :P

Stretch

Cool with me.  The last thing I want is a passenger.

You say the riding position felt a bit more forward.  Do you mean your upper body leans forward a tad more to reach the bars?  Fixable with extended risers, perhaps?

Clemski

The riding position makes you feel as your leaning a bit more forward initially, but the more your on the bike, the more natural it feels. I would think once the sit is worn in it would feel more like the 03 I have. The only thing is, I wish I could have ridden it with their touring screen, but none of the "extras" are available, there all on the computer but no details are available.  I think it's all to new at the moment :P

Stretch

How tall are you, by the way?  A Girly fits me well (I'm 6'7"), and that's all I have to compare with at this point.

Quote from: "Clemski"...none of the "extras" are available, there all on the computer but no details are available.  I think it's all to new at the moment :P

Indeed.

But however long it will take, it will probably still be much quicker than the aftermarket.

I'll be wanting Jesse or Happy Trails panniers on mine, but there's no telling how long it will take to R & D, tool up and produce, and then get the farkles out into the pipeline.

Dah well.  It's all just a part of having a brand-new design in the first year of production.   :smt026

Clemski

I am 6' 1", and the 1050 fits very well, apparently an exhaust (aftermarket) manufacturer overhere are trying to get hold of a 1050 so that they can do there bit, but the the dealer can't spare one. So like you say the the aftermarket goodies could be a while away. Allthough the bike I rode had a Triumph aftermarket exhaust on it and it sounded the dog's do da's, but I hate to think of the price. :P

Stretch

Dog's Do Da's?

Please enlighten a poor Yank.  Is that good or bad?   :smt003

wonko the sane

Quote from: "Stretch"Dog's Do Da's?

Please enlighten a poor Yank.  Is that good or bad?   :smt003

Yes! :twisted:

Perhaps you're more familiar with the traditional "dog's bollocks."

If not, see

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... s+bollocks

Hope this helps. :smt040
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

Stretch

Ah HA!

Thanks, friends.

:smt003