News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12,000 mile service

Started by Bliker, December 27, 2006, 11:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

What are you guys/gals paying for the 12.000 mile service, including parts & labor. I was quoted $750 +/-, by an Atlanta area dealer. I can do pretty much everything myself except the valves & throttlebody sync. I'm not even sure what the throttlebody sync is and what it involves. I was thinking about doing everything myself except the two items mentioned above. I'm not sure how much this will effect my price?
2004 Tiger

iansoady

I've just done mine myself - ignored the throttle body check as it's running very well, and found all the valve clearances within spec so didn't need the special tool. Total cost around £40 for oils and filter (didn't change the air filter as we don't see much dust around here).

At least if you do it yourself you know it's done.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

William Reber

When the Batesburg SC dealer re opens after the 1st of the year I will get a quote but I know it will be no were near 750.00 bucks if it is I will buy the shop manuel and do it myself and also will be my last Triumph if that were to be the case. Was this a Triumph dealer that quoted that price ?

tonyb

I asked our locail dealer in onger in essex england and was told after parts would be looking at £450.00 mine is 1996 carb mod but just done 12,000, So got us both sides of the pond.  :shock:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

TripleFan

I just did mine myself, valves checked in spec and the FI balance is easy if you've ever done a multi carb bike, same basic procedure.
Triplefan

2005 Tiger

XS850LG

XS850G

Bliker

Yes, it was a Triumph dealer in Atlanta. It sounded extremely steep to me. I my swing by there and talk to them in person.
2004 Tiger

bloaker

cbxtc6

$370 in Chicago (MCC).  That was last year though.

Dirtdog

675.00 - 700.00 in B'ham, Alabama.

tonyb

Taking the piss in alabama $675 - $700, Might by all the bookes and move out to alabama got to be thick if they are paying that, $1400 a day pay Had better. :smt100
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

William Reber

Batesburg SC $375.00 to $400.00 If you purchased your bike from them they dicount a aditional 10% incase any one is interested in these folks which I must say after all the years I have rode these are great people that do very good by there customers. Phone # 1 803 532 0881 owners name is Jeff  :lol:

Dirtdog

It makes we wonder here in the US at the wide range in prices to

perform the 12K service. Is it possible that the 700.00  service in

Alabama and in GA is more extensive and more thorough than

the service done say in Chicago. You would think they would be guided by a manual and the service performed would be exactly the same and the amount of time to perform this service would also be dictated by Triumph. The only difference would be in the hourly charge to perform the service.

William Reber

Acording to my dealer this service takes five hours, plus parts there shop rate is 65.00 per hour  :?:

TigerTrax

I just spoke to my Triumph service tech here in the MidWest.

he said 12,000 mile service is first major service and runs about $350.

I asked him about time ... he said about 4 hours.

My 12,000 is due ... so I'll find out for certain real soon!

$675 ..... does a full body massage and drinks come with that?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Dirtdog

I just called my dealer he thinks he may have quoted the rate of

working on the 1050 engine and not the 955. He's at 75 and hour

though so that'll add up qiuckly, I'll post back when he checks

into it more. I asked him about the massage and drink he said

sure I could have plenty of water and they usually use a hammer

during there massage..........no thanks :-)