News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12,000 mile service

Started by Bliker, December 27, 2006, 11:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Reber

:o Talking to Jeff the owner of Batsburg Triumph , Brooks is spot on so if some one is paying 800 bucks for the 12 K check I hope you got a kiss with it. :oops:

ArizonaKid

As long as you're happy with what you get and have full faith and confidence in who's doing the work, I guess that's what counts.  As mentioned, doing it yourself will save you even more.  Might also throw a fuel filter, gasket and a new radiator cap into the mix, as well as servicing the chain, tweaking the throttle body sync and any fi tuning that might be required.  Bring more $ when west of the Mississippi, evidently. . .
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

William Reber

:(  well maybe so....in Japan two years ago I paid over 5 bucks for coke and that was a low price ??? min wage there at that time was $16.00 a hour.

Brooks Short

It may well be that prices are higher in Arizona than they are in West Central Florida.  I know for a fact that the 12K service would have cost at least $100 more for the exact amount of work at the closer Tampa dealership than it did in Sarasota.  

I did my 600 mile service at the Tampa shop , where I bought the 06 Tiger, for $213. My 6K service at Haps was $195 but that included mounting and balancing two tires.  Go figure!

I've had work on previously owned 1996 R1100RT ( 98,000 miles) and 2004 R1150RT (20,000 miles) BMWs done at both dealerships and Haps is less expensive in hourly rate as well as parts costs.  Haps is more of a mom and pop place, rather than a BMW boutique or huge Powersports type of dealership.

Over the years I've come to trust their work completely and enjoy their friendship.  They'll even mount tires bought somewhere else for a reasonable fee.

During the this recent 12K Tiger service the service manager offered his pristine personal BMW R100RT  as a loaner if I wanted to ride around town while waiting for my bike to be serviced.   During the 12K service Haps also balanced the throttle bodies, checked the idle CO level, checked for stored DTCs, changed the coolant, adjusted the chain, etc.

They didn't replace the fuel filter because that's not called for until the 24k service.

I can't recommend Haps in Sarasota enough. If anyone here on this list wants to ride to Sarasota for service, let me know and I'll ride down with you and introduce you to the good people at Haps.
One Less Car

William Reber

:roll: I pass your way to my folks place all the time They live in Punta Gorda so you never know when I may just look you up if just for the ride.

Brooks Short

You're welcome to visit anytime, William.

Last week I passed near your place on my way up to West Virginia on a Tiger trip. Went through Saluda on SC 121.  Coming home I avoided Tropical Storm Barney by going west from Beckley WV to Johnson City Tenn. then south throught Asheville, NC and into SC at Anderson then.

With the stock pipe and the newly installed off-road tune I averaged 45mph.

Come on down, get a service at Haps and do the back roads to Punta Gorda ! Take home some of that cheap oil too !  #8^)
One Less Car

William Reber

8) I was in the area of NC you just rode thru last week , last week also, I did see one of those rare cats too....a black Tiger! I ride those mountains all the time on any given weekend. I also have a vacation home in Helen GA and ride the GA triangle all the time as written in Rider mag.

Brooks Short

That could have been me. I have a black '06 Tiger.  I passed through the west side of Asheville on Sunday,  June 3rd.
One Less Car

William Reber

99% it was you, did you see a blue 06?

Brooks Short

I didn't see a blue '06.  I was southbound on 19 from Johnson City, 240 around the west end of Asheville, I-26 south from Asheville to 25.  

I had a Givi topcase, MotoFiz seat pack with red bungee net. I was wearing an older black First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket, grey Darien Light pants and a silver helmet.

Small world !
One Less Car

William Reber

I-26 is east and west I was going west you were going east (south east) The bike I saw had a top box much like the one on my bike which looks like a Givie but is not. Yep I think it was you.

Brooks Short

You're right, I was going southeast towards Columbia.  I had left Beckley WV that morning and was swinging west on 19 through Johnson City and Asheville to avoid any remnants of Tropical Storm Barry.  I only got a few light sprinkles that morning.

I wish I had seen you as I hadn't seen another Tiger for the entire 2,000 mile trip !
One Less Car

William Reber

:D  Just got the 12 K done at Batesburg Thriumph SC total charge 306.00 and they provided the Triumph check list and all details of the servise.

Brooks Short

That's a good deal and what a 12K service should cost.
One Less Car

William Reber

:lol: Yep even got to use the owners Speed Tripple for the day, Darn is that thing fast ! Fast but not for a 60 + year old man on a bumpy road I think my butt is still talking to me...LOL