News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hi from Perth, West Oz

Started by zadok_oz, January 08, 2007, 10:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zadok_oz

Hi Folks. I picked up my '03 Tiger 955i on 23 December. What a Chrissy pressy! I am very pleased with the bike, even after this short period. I bought it privately, so did well with the price. 35,000km; Staintune Exhaust; Power Commander; Scotoiler; Triumph Panniers; RJ's Topbox; Triumph Tank Bag; Radiator Guard; Sheepskin Seat Cover.

I have just replaced the standard screen with an 'Eagle Screens' Touring Screen. They are situated right here in Perth, so it was a short ride down to see John. It's quite tall at 200+, but cuts out the buffeting around the gills.

I hope there are a few other W.A members on the site. It would be great to catch up for a ride. :P

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C12%5C31%5Cbikepics-759349-800.jpg

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007%5C01%5C07%5Cbikepics-766169-full.jpg
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

kiwitiger

:D  :D  :D the only colour to buy mate, looks nice. As a kiwi who spent ten years in your lovely state the tiger is an awesome choice. Although the red dust will stick out like dogs balls on the black.  The  screen  should do the job on the bugs etc, but its effectiveness on kangaroos may be in doubt. many happy kilometers will be had by you and bike.

zadok_oz

Thanks mate. I don't intend deliberately taking it off road too much, but it will certainly be better than the 1000GTR I just had. I have a 'shoo roo' affixed to the front guard. Hopefully it will do its job with the furry jumpers.

I'll be in N.Z in February. I'll be going to Paeroa for the racing (18th). I should be able to score a bike again from Bayride in Tauranga. Maybe a Triumph this time! Hope to catch up with my mates on 'Kiwibiker' and you if you are going.

Please feel free to pm me.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Advwannabe

QuoteHi Folks. I picked up my '03 Tiger 955i on 23 December. What a Chrissy pressy! I am very pleased with the bike, even after this short period. I bought it privately, so did well with the price. 35,000km; Staintune Exhaust; Power Commander; Scotoiler; Triumph Panniers; RJ's Topbox; Triumph Tank Bag; Radiator Guard; Sheepskin Seat Cover.

Hi Zadok and welcome,

Nice work and it looks like someone has set the bike up nicely for you. Darwin is a bit of a way from Perth but you never know.

I'm not an expert on the subject but don't those 'shoo roos' need to be in pairs?

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

zadok_oz

They are sold in a two pack, but I haven't read anything about having to use them in tandem. I don't see why you would need to. It should emit a whistle on its own, surely. Haven't seen a roo yet, touch wood. Plus there is limited space on a bike. Car fair enough.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i