News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First Posting

Started by BigGreenie, February 18, 2007, 03:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGreenie

This is first time I have posted but have been viewing since purchasing roulette green "Girly" Tiger955i 2 years ago.

Traded in a beloved 14 year old GSXR750 for 2yr old 2003 Tiger with only 4000miles on clock.

It has taken two summers to get really comfortable with the handling.

Engine just great from day one.

This year however I remembered that a bike can be driven in winter!!!!.

I have fitted Touratec bars and the twin light mod after reading posts to site.

Having had numerous bikes since a teenager, now at the grand age of 60 have decided to take my first ever bike touring holiday and would like your comments on the standard rear shock.

I weigh 220lbs, wife is 130lbs. Add leathers, boots, full luggage (Triumph OEM), will the Tiger be OK for a 2000 mile round trip to France.

According to Triumph publicity blurb I should be able to go round the world like Ewan and Charlie.

:?:

greg

I have just completed an 8500 mile trip two up with luggage on good roads, crap roads, terrible roads and off road, two things to note:

1. Make sure your rear suspension is adjusted as per manual i.e. both adjustments on max.

2. Air pressure in tyres. Critical. Check pressure each morning when cold.

3. The third of the two points is do not trust Metzeler tyres. Go for Tourance on road and if on/off road TKC80.

Yes it will go RTW. in 08 I am planning a trip to Capetown with as much confidence as you can have with any bike, want to come :shock: .
2004 Girly.

greg

Re above, point 3. should read don't trust Anakees! At least not fully loaded.
2004 Girly.

iansoady

Quote from: "BigGreenie"will the Tiger be OK for a 2000 mile round trip to France.

:?:

Absolutely. It'll be a doddle and great fun as well.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

tcbezza

Quotewill the Tiger be OK for a 2000 mile round trip to France.

Your Tiger will love the trip and so should both of you. These bikes are ideal for long distance touring and just need the normal amount of preflight checks before you go.

This year I am planning a trip via Santander and across Spain to the Med and then a long and leisurely ride back home through France. My only regret will be that I have to come home some time but by then my better half will be waiting with a long list of honey do's I suspect.

:(
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33

BigGreenie

Thanks for the encouragement and advice.

The Tiger will need new rear tyre before trip so I will keep with the Tourances as fitted.

:lol: