News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

North West 200 - Northern Ireland

Started by Tonyf_tiger955, March 10, 2007, 08:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyf_tiger955

Hi

Anyone going over this year?  

Going over from the Thursday to Monday from Holyhead up through Dublin to NI.

Groucho

I'll be over there at the end of july. May be too late? :shock:
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." Groucho Marx

Chris Canning

Not going this year for the first time in 11,that concerned about loosing our B+B were paying for some one else to stay at our usual place!!,off to Monza for the WSB instead.

Tigerpete

Tonyf have you been over before? If so you've probably done the Antrim Coast Road but have you done the Ards peninsular, another crackin road. Also good is the route from Newry the the peninsular. Not much of a detour from the main route from Dublin to the NW and equally good in either direction. Let me know if you are interested, or I'll even meet you and lead the way, its my favourite Sunday route.

Chris Canning

Do not forget a must do is the rope bridge,up the road from the 'Causeway',try crossing over the water to Donegal and ride up to Malin Head,if i ever had any doubts about what a Tiger was built for,it was tarmac motocross track thats called a road!!! thats leads up there.

Other things.

Memorial to Joey Dunlop,a must.

Vintage bike display at the pits friday evening

A lap of the circuit

Antrim coast road

Although it sounds anal,make sure you have a plan to eat of an evening,unless you have something booked,both friday night and saturday can difficult,the first year ended up in Bushmills trying to find chippy!!,after that the people we stay with book us a table at the Causeway hotel,but if you order the mixed grill make sure you hungry!!!

Tonyf_tiger955

Hi there

Thanks for the advice everyone!!  I did the NW200 last year on my less than perfect T509 speed triple - got very lost in Dublin (2 hours later and back to where we started) and watched my triple throw its water all over the carriageway.  Ended up re-wiring the fan to run when I pressed the horn in - my mate on his posh trainers 06 still in the wrapper fire-blade was less than impressed!  :D

Tigerpete - sounds a great idea - we're staying just outside Bushmills, so I'll send you a PM nearer the time.

Chris - Looked at that bridge when I worked in Campsie for a year - no frigging way am I doing that, I feel sick when I put the Tiger seat on its highest setting  :lol:

Tigerpete

Look forward to it Tony. If anyone needs any info on good rides in the area let me know. Donegal also has some great roads and scenery within easy reach of the NW200 area. See my 'Half day ride to Donegal' photos in the Ride Reports section.