News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Demo Day

Started by Bliker, March 17, 2007, 08:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

I just got back from a demo ride on an 07 Tiger with the touring screen. I was impressed with the bike, but not enough to run out and replace the 04 Tiger with it. The suspension did seem stiffer, which would be nice. The touring screen seemed to work good for me, no buffetting, and I'm 5'9". It was hard to tell if there was a significant power increase, due to the group ride. The acceleration was hard & smooth, without any significant burst. Gotta love that triple. The one complaint I had was the location of the gear shift lever. I could barely get my foot under it and it was a pain the entire ride. It has a linkage for adjustment, so maybe that problem could be ironed out. It did seem like the length of the shift lever was also too short, but that may also be worked out with the adjustment. I also liked the dash display and adjustable clutch/brake levers better than the 04. They didn't have any bikes with the full Triumph luggage set. From what I've read, it has less space than the earlier tigers. I think the set runs about $1500, not sure on the exact price. I also found out that the rear rack is an option, not standard. Overall I liked the bike and would definately consider it if I was looking for a new bike.

I also rode the speed triple, and if grin factor was the sole deciding factor on buying a bike, I would have been writing a check for one today.  I wasn't crazy about the forward riding position, hands hurt, but I loved the way it handled and the acceleration. It just begs to be thrashed and would be a ticket getting machine.

I'm planning on taking a test ride on the Buell Ullyses in two weeks. I'm interested in how it compares to the new Tiger.
2004 Tiger

greg

The more reviews I read of the new Tiger the happier I am with my '04. The '07 just wouldn't do for me because it is purely a road machine. There are times when the fun really starts when you get off road, I would not willingly give up a machine that can do that aswell as be a bit of an animal on road too. And the soft suspension doesn't really harm things on road once you get used to it, but it's essential off road.

Sorry Triumph, count me out for your new bike.
2004 Girly.